Reply from Governor John Kasich
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Reply from Governor John Kasich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default Reply from Governor John Kasich

Like all Americans, I was horrified as the tragedies of Friday, December 14 th unfolded in Newtown, Connecticut. The deplorable act of violence that took the lives of innocent children and adults is beyond reason, and I pray that, in time, the families of the victims and the people of that community are able to find peace.

As you no doubt recall, we were all reminded of the evil th at exists in our world when six students were shot, three fatally, at Chardon High School in Geauga County on February 27 th , 2012. In the aftermath, the heroic stories of the first responders, teachers and staff who acted swiftly and selflessly to protect others showed true courage.

Since that tragic event, and in the wake of the recent tragedy in Newtown, the absolute necessity for school officials, parents, students and first responders to be trained and practiced in responding to these unthinkable crimes is of utmost importance. Various state and local agencies, including the Ohio Office of Homeland Security and the Ohio Department of Education, have worked collaboratively to implement, review and drill response plans. Moreover, these occasions of violence and heartache should give us all pause to think about how we treat each other, and the value we as a society place upon every life.

With regard to calls for legislation in response to these events, it is my belief that we will be best served by enforcing those laws that currently exist. And, in the weeks and months that follow, we should learn as much as possible about how this happened, and what steps we can take, including mental health awareness and school safety protocols, to guard against the senseless loss of innocent life ever again.

I appreciate your taking the time to write. Please join me and my family in continuing to keep the communities of Chardon and Newtown, and all innocent victims of violence, in our prayers. Thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Is he Ohio's Gov?

I am running for my local School Board in a few months, with IL finally
getting CCW. I will be pushing for teachers who are willing to CCW in
the school.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sounds like a governor to stand behind, based only on this letter. I don't know the rest of his record.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #4

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Yeah he is Ohio's Governor and has a very Pro 2A track record.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #5

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

yes, he's gov. for Ohio.

he's a conservative/republican, and in my opinion has done a lot of good in the office.

Too bad the sheeple disagree.

Obama tried to "buy ohio" by granting a bajillion dollars to the state to build a high speed rail system between Columbus and Cleveland, but only to build it. no operating costs etc, no development of public transportation on either end of the rail, etc. so you ended up with a high speed train to get you from one city to the next VERY fast...and then no way to get around once you get to where you're going. call a taxi was the answer. Kasich said "we don't need this, after the rail is built, and the federal money goes away, this will cost Ohioans money that we don't have" so the turned down/returned the federal money.

he tried to bust up the public sector unions so that municipalities had the freedom to do what they needed to avoid layoffs of people to meet the budget, but the unions launched an expensive campaign to defeat the legislation. all the liberals I know HATE Gov. Kasich.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5704 Times on 3225 Posts
Likes Given: 5128

Kasich has always been a good conservative republican.

Winston Churchill
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #7

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Every day I get on here, I hear more and more good news from Ohio...I wanna move back

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

He is a great American. He played a very key part in the contract with America back in Clinton days. It was because of him, Newt and a few others that welfare reform was passed and the budget was balanced.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #9

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Every day I get on here, I hear more and more good news from Ohio...I wanna move back
Don't be so quick... haha. the state is on the fine edge between left and right. I've heard MANY people talk about how horrible Kasich is and how they will NOT vote for him again -- the public unions really turned public opinion in their favor with retarded commercials about response times for fire, police, medical, and quality of teachers in the schools, etc. and I feel the conservatives did not do a good job to counter these negative ads. In addition, lookat the last election... We re-elected Brown to the Senate, and the state voted for Obama.

I'm fearful of the next governor election, I hope Kasich gets his second term, but I have my doubts...it will be a tough battle for him to win. The conservatives are going to have to figure out how to sway opinion based on emotional feelings, while explaining how they want to cut back on entitlements to balance the budget.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #10

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Don't be so quick... haha. the state is on the fine edge between left and right. I've heard MANY people talk about how horrible Kasich is and how they will NOT vote for him again -- the public unions really turned public opinion in their favor with retarded commercials about response times for fire, police, medical, and quality of teachers in the schools, etc. and I feel the conservatives did not do a good job to counter these negative ads. In addition, lookat the last election... We re-elected Brown to the Senate, and the state voted for Obama.

I'm fearful of the next governor election, I hope Kasich gets his second term, but I have my doubts...it will be a tough battle for him to win. The conservatives are going to have to figure out how to sway opinion based on emotional feelings, while explaining how they want to cut back on entitlements to balance the budget.
While all of that is true...I moved to MI. At least in Ohio you see a conservative or two on the way to work! Here there is little.

Ohio is "on the edge" frequently, and I agree that the republicans did a poor job of fighting back last election, but Ohio is usually one of if not the first state involved in a back-swing. Michigan is well...Michigan!

I want to go home

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun