Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Rep Walsh Calls for Attorney General Holder to Resign (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/rep-walsh-calls-attorney-general-holder-resign-50693/)

canebrake 10-28-2011 01:21 AM

Rep Walsh Calls for Attorney General Holder to Resign

Gun Owners of America

Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) sent a scathing rebuke to Attorney General Eric Holder yesterday and called on him to resign his post at the Justice Department.

Noting that Holder needed to “take responsibility” for implicating the United States as an accessory to violent crimes committed by the Mexican drug cartels, Walsh blasted the Attorney General for the role he played in the “subsequent cover-up” of the failed Fast and Furious operation.

As detailed by Gun Owners of America on many occasions, Operation Fast and Furious is the gun-running scheme where the Justice Department has approved -- and in some cases, helped fund -- the purchase and smuggling of firearms into Mexico.

The apparent purpose of this gun running scandal was to use the increased violence south of the border as a pretext for more gun control in this country. Sadly, two U.S. federal agents -- and hundreds of Mexican citizens -- have died as a result of these illegal sales which the FBI approved under the direction of the Obama Administration.

Rep. Walsh takes Holder to task for “knowingly [forcing] licensed firearms dealers to sell guns to violent criminals” and for claiming that he was “not aware” this happening. As Walsh notes, Holder “received no less than seven memos” detailing the creation and progress of Fast and Furious.

“The American people deserve to know the truth regarding Attorney General Eric Holder’s knowledge and role in the Fast and Furious operation,” Walsh said in a statement. “This program was deliberately designed to attack law-abiding American gun-owners and gun-dealers. Why else would an anti-gun Administration force licensed firearms dealers to sell guns to violent criminals?”

Rep. Walsh told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto that Holder “needs to be held accountable.”

ACTION: Please click here to ask your Representative to follow Walsh’s lead in calling for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign.

Scratchammo 10-28-2011 01:28 AM

Maybe they should toss Hillary out the door with him.

BenLuby 10-28-2011 01:29 AM

Holder needs to be tried as an accessory and for obstruction of justice.

towboater 10-28-2011 01:36 AM

Along with Obama, Biden, Reed, and Napolitano.

vincent 10-28-2011 01:43 AM

Clicked "here", said it can't send e-mails at this time, only written. Q-Who has 2 thumbs and no printer....this guy, will try again later...

fmj 10-28-2011 02:12 AM

To hell with stepping down!!!! Prosecute that POS/SOB to the fullest extent of the law!! Put his sorry @$$ in prison like the rest of us would be and cut him a small deal (Only 10 years hard time) if he throws his boss under the bus!!!

JD1969 10-28-2011 02:18 AM

I have this gut feeling that if something liken Fast and Furious had happened under Bush, the media would be all over it. I asked my wife last night (who I am sad to say is a Dem.) if she had heard anything about F&F and she said she had heard nothing about it.

dunerunner 10-28-2011 02:22 AM

I don't want Holder to resign!

I want him removed from his appointed position and prosecuted!

fmj 10-28-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Dear Mr. Stutzman:

The GOA has notified me that Rep. Walsh is asking for AG Holder to step down for his involvement in Operation Fast and Furious.

Well sir, in truth, the thought of Mr. holder simply "stepping down" makes me furious.

I would like to see Mr. Holder prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He should be spending serious time in a federal prison as ANY other American citizen would be if they had knowingly supplied the kinds and amounts of weaponry to foreign combatants as Mr. Holder has obviously done.

I ask you sir to please step up and see that justice is done and Mr. Holder be held accountable for his crimes against the American people, as well as the people of Mexico. Not to mention the death and suffering this blatant disregard for the very laws Mr. Holder swore to uphold has brought to innocent people.
Above is the letter i sent to my esteemed congresscritter.....

Screw making that @$$wad step down, put him in prison then after hes served his time here turn him over to Mexico for prosecution!!

trip286 10-28-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 612821)
Above is the letter i sent to my esteemed congresscritter.....

Screw making that @$$wad step down, put him in prison then after hes served his time here turn him over to Mexico for prosecution!!

Ain't he gettin tired of hearing from you? If I were him, I'd give you what you want just to make you stop pestering :)