Reminton in Ilion NY is starting to stand up for us! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Reminton in Ilion NY is starting to stand up for us!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6325 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 6813

Remington is a huge employer in a very rural area, we need them here as long as they step up to the plate and it seems like they might be doing that now. They sent a huge contingency down to Albany for the protest against the Safe Act and I will support them as long as they support the 2A and their employees.

As far as Chuckie Screwmore giving them the Sniper Rifle Contract, we will take it but he shouldnt expect to gain any new friends or votes by doing it; we arent stupid, just economically damaged!

I wish people would stop saying NY State is anti 2A, its not the truth or even close; we are so much more than NYC and Albany. Honestly, we could use some real support from those that value the same things we do otherwise you will find the things that start in Albany may end up in your state and home town before you know it!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
I wish people would stop saying NY State is anti 2A, its not the truth or even close;
It's perhaps the sounding of the name New York that gets people confused with New York (City), - that 'detention city' I was born and raised in when then it was exciting to be alive.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6325 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 6813

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
It's perhaps the sounding of the name New York that gets people confused with New York (City), - that 'detention city' I was born and raised in when then it was exciting to be alive.
I was always dumbfounded in Basic Tng and other duty stations after I would tell people I was from NY, They would always say, "New York City?". My canned response was always, "no, the real state of NY!", then explain to them that we could lose NY in my back yard cause NY City was small, NY is huge! Lastly, I would point out that most of them had seen NY City first hand more than I ever did as a New Yorker...

Old 05-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
They sold out to Obama. I hope Walmart and others drop the Remington 700 from stock.
With that, you would have to hold ATK and their subsidiaries (Federal Cartridge) at the same standard. ATK being the largest defense contractor for the federal govt. is also one of the largest supporters of the 2A as well as the NRA. The folks on the ground level making ammo are no Obama supporters and are certainly some of the most ferocious 2A advocates you will find. I suspect the same with Remington Arms.

These companies have a lot of skin in the game, more so than the average citizen, and will be affected economically as well as constitutionally and in either case could be there ruination or there salvation.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

When someone tells me they are from New York, I always ask "upstate?" and they get a confused look on their face cause you know they were getting ready to say "No I'm from upstate, not the city".

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Is Remington privately held or publicly traded? If they are publicly traded everything they do can affect their stock price, and negative things can open them up to litigation from their stockholders. Not a good thing.

If they are prvately held, a board does it, and they are open to any and all criticism and hold back of public support.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Privately held.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #18

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Remington, a company on the decline, will move when their pocketbook tells them to and no sooner.

Anything else from them is a gamble to obtain favorable treatment like tax abatements, etc. They could not give a damn about anyone's rights except to the extent that their image is tarnished as in NY and sales are impacted.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #19

Liked 634 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Remington, a company on the decline, will move when their pocketbook tells them to and no sooner.

Anything else from them is a gamble to obtain favorable treatment like tax abatements, etc. They could not give a damn about anyone's rights except to the extent that their image is tarnished as in NY and sales are impacted.
EXACTLY what I was thinking. Head too far up the pentagon's ass.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #20

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
It's gonna take more than some fancy words from Remington for them to get out of the hole they are in.

I say let 'em rot, why should we care?
Well Colt,Winchester,Marlin and many other Gun Valley gun manufacturers are history,what the hell why not Remington,let them all RIP who cares?

"I DO"