Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Reminton in Ilion NY is starting to stand up for us!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5613 Times on 2777 Posts
Likes Given: 5976

Default Reminton in Ilion NY is starting to stand up for us!

Remington in Ilion has been there for a couple centuries and employed 1300+ local craftsmen as one of our largest employers in the area. They have been relatively silent up till now about NY and our stupid anti 2A laws but now they are beginning to beat the wardrums.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=895917#.UYy9pUovKSo

While none of us want to see them move to a 2A friendly state, their silence to date has been troubling to those of us who dont agree at all with Albanizer Scrooge and his henchturds. Obviously, they are being courted by other states and that seems to have empowered them to realize NY isnt their only choice.

Lets hope they ramp the pressure up and dont back down, we deserve our rights and they shouldnt ever accept anything less than full rights for their workers, neighbors and fellow state residents.

I applaud them for breaking the silence, please let them know you support them supporting us!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have to wonder if the powers that be there would really even care. I mean..Them getting gone would help keep people safer right? Every right (i mean left) thinking NY lawmaker seems content with the idea that less guns is safer. And those guns being shipped out might get highjacked by tea party radicals or god forbid...Christians! WE know that these groups are well known for their terrorism...

On a more serious note I"ll bet the people that live and work around there have to be a little nervous hearing that statement. And well should be.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

readygirl Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

henchturds

Good for Remington.
NRA Life

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5613 Times on 2777 Posts
Likes Given: 5976

Every right (i mean left) thinking NY lawmaker seems content with the idea that less guns is safer

DJ, not every NY Lawmaker, just the ones from the NYC area! 95% Of The Counties to include mine have overwhelmingly voted to rescind the Safe Act, Downstate may have the numbers but they dont own our minds in the Real State of NY. Albany has been run with an Iron fist by downstate Dems without a horse in this race. A bunch just got indicted and more arrests are on the way. Albanizer Scrooges control base isnt just shrinking; its being put on trial, the votes he needs to get his way are being nullified by his own courts because felons cant vote on bills or own guns in NY.

The only reason Andy cares is that his Iron fist is slowly losing fingers and punch! Remington didnt step up until they figured out that the feds wont be able to muster the votes to do to the other 49 states what Andy did to NY; neuter our 2a, 1a and others talking out their big A's! There are at least 30 other states that would love to manufacture guns that were banned in NY, Remington is about money, not politics.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Stand up move is right, I appreciate them going public on the pro 2A statements.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #6

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Remington is giving gun owners not just a snow job but a blizzard. Remington has sold out to the Obama Democrats for 80 Million in Federal contracts.
They know damn well it will hurt their civilian sales but the Democrats have deep pockets.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/remington-sells-out-to-ny-for-80-million-sniper-rifles-government-contract/

Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Remington is giving gun owners not just a snow job but a blizzard. Remington has sold out to the Obama Democrats for 80 Million in Federal contracts.
They know damn well it will hurt their civilian sales but the Democrats have deep pockets.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/remington-sells-out-to-ny-for-80-million-sniper-rifles-government-contract/
Are they selling the rifles to DHS (or other federal agencies) or to the military? If it's the military (and the article made it seem that way), then what exactly is the problem? Would you rather our troops not have those rifles?

If its DHS, then Remington is in for a world of hurt.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-11-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #8

Liked 594 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

It's gonna take more than some fancy words from Remington for them to get out of the hole they are in.

I say let 'em rot, why should we care?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #9

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Texaswood these are Sniper rifles at $16,000 a pop over a ten year period. Who gets them?? A Liberal antigun Senator was handed this to protect Union jobs in New York State. Why didn't Remington manufacture these rifles in Pro Gun North Carolina?? They sold out to Obama. I hope Walmart and others drop the Remington 700 from stock.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Texaswood these are Sniper rifles at $16,000 a pop over a ten year period. Who gets them?? A Liberal antigun Senator was handed this to protect Union jobs in New York State. Why didn't Remington manufacture these rifles in Pro Gun North Carolina?? They sold out to Obama. I hope Walmart and others drop the Remington 700 from stock.
Quote:
"Who get's them?"
The article said the military, so I'm guessing military snipers will.

Quote:
"a Liberal antigun Senator was handed this to protect Union jobs in New York State."
Which Union jobs? The Remington employees?

Quote:
"Why didn't Remington manufacture these rifles in Pro Gun North Carolina?"
Don't know. That's a question for Remington.

Right now, I'm not supporting Remington, or condemning them because I don't have the full story of what's going on.