Remington takes the money from NY/Pentagon deal - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Remington takes the money from NY/Pentagon deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
The Pentagon contract was not a gift for staying in NY. The Pentagon doesn't CARE where Remington makes their arms. These two items are not related, conspiracy fans. This was in the works for a long time before NY passed their stupid laws.

People getting pissed because Remington won't pull up and move? Why? Remington has had a factory in Ilion, NY since what, 1816? Generations of families have worked there. You don't just pull up and leave. The have been there longer than anyone is alive and if they want to weather the storm and not disrupt their company - I applaud that. Remington is also in the process of being sold as the Freedom Group is on the auction block. That's another reason they can't do anything drastic.

I have two 870s and a 700. If I want to buy another Remington I will without hesitation
so if what you say is true. then that means the company is gaurnteed that money... so why not move out of NYS... which is sure to generate even more money from people buying remingtons products. vs staying in ny, and losing peoples business.. i mean either way they are granted the goverments money right? so why stay in NY??
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
orangello Likes This 
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
so if what you say is true. then that means the company is gaurnteed that money... so why not move out of NYS... which is sure to generate even more money from people buying remingtons products. vs staying in ny, and losing peoples business.. i mean either way they are granted the goverments money right? so why stay in NY??
I think I made that point, did you read my post?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 658

Quote:
The Pentagon contract was not a gift for staying in NY. The Pentagon doesn't CARE where Remington makes their arms. These two items are not related, conspiracy fans. This was in the works for a long time before NY passed their stupid laws.

People getting pissed because Remington won't pull up and move? Why? Remington has had a factory in Ilion, NY since what, 1816? Generations of families have worked there. You don't just pull up and leave. The have been there longer than anyone is alive and if they want to weather the storm and not disrupt their company - I applaud that. Remington is also in the process of being sold as the Freedom Group is on the auction block. That's another reason they can't do anything drastic.

I have two 870s and a 700. If I want to buy another Remington I will without hesitation
Quote:
I think I made that point, did you read my post?
i did read it. and i did not comprehend that you wanted them to move.. maybe i was wrong but you actually appluaded them for not disrupting there company.

here's an analogy for you.

i'll give you 100 dollars.
you can stay in your house and lose customers and money but still keep the 100 dollars.
or you can move, get more customors, double or triple what you would of made if you stayed in your house, and you still get to keep the first 100 dollars.

which seems to be the better profit for the company?
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
orangello Likes This 
Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They are helping sell us out. I guess they don't realize that 45 more states follow NY, CO, IL, CA &CT and they are flat out of business. I do not think I will be interested in any Remington product going forward.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!