Remington takes the money from NY/Pentagon deal - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Remington takes the money from NY/Pentagon deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Marlin hasn't been in Connecticut for years. If memory serves me right they are in North Carolina now. How ever..... Mosberg, stag, ptr, and a couple others are in Connecticut and yes they should all pack their bags!
PTR is packing their bags.

http://ptr91.com/news/ptr-to-move-from-connecticut/

Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 719 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshooter View Post
Good for them! Maybe they'll come to Oklahoma.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #23

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post

And their XD line is made in Croatia? Doesn't that make them a sellout too?
Not really. It was never marketed as an American gun made by Americans. It's always been a Croatian gun, imported by springfield.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Not really. It was never marketed as an American gun made by Americans. It's always been a Croatian gun, imported by springfield.
and a darn good one.

i just cant believe there are so many companies in non gun friendly states
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

and a darn good one.

i just cant believe there are so many companies in non gun friendly states
I've always found that interesting myself. Much like the Jack Daniels distillery.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 889 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Strange, I have 27 fire arms, (pistols/rifles) and not one of them is a Remington.
I buy and use a lot of their ammo, but thats it. Nothing wrong with Rem., I just always liked other guns better.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #27

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Sounds like Obama has bought off another Firearms company with tax payer money. Looks like Remington is happy to be sucking on the government tit for the next 10 years.

I plan no future purchases of Remington products as a result of this. Although it looks like some of my money will be going to Remington in the form of my tax dollars. I am not happy about this at all.....

Old 04-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #28

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Marlin hasn't been in Connecticut for years. If memory serves me right they are in North Carolina now. How ever..... Mosberg, stag, ptr, and a couple others are in Connecticut and yes they should all pack their bags!
Aren't Marlin and Remington connected? I thought they were. Sorry!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

The Pentagon contract was not a gift for staying in NY. The Pentagon doesn't CARE where Remington makes their arms. These two items are not related, conspiracy fans. This was in the works for a long time before NY passed their stupid laws.

People getting pissed because Remington won't pull up and move? Why? Remington has had a factory in Ilion, NY since what, 1816? Generations of families have worked there. You don't just pull up and leave. The have been there longer than anyone is alive and if they want to weather the storm and not disrupt their company - I applaud that. Remington is also in the process of being sold as the Freedom Group is on the auction block. That's another reason they can't do anything drastic.

I have two 870s and a 700. If I want to buy another Remington I will without hesitation

Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2119 Times on 1145 Posts
Likes Given: 3188

OK, let's make this easy.

You are the CEO of Remington. You like your job and the neat stuff your salary and perks provide for your family and yourself.

Way up the food chain at Ceberus Capital Management the company has decided to sell off Freedom Group because a huge investor has threatened to take his money elsewhere after a rifle manufactured by Bushmaster was used to kill 26 kids and teachers in CT.

Quote:
Cerberus said it will seek to sell Freedom Group Inc. just hours after California Treasurer Bill Lockyer said he’ll propose that the state’s public pension funds, the two largest in the U.S., divest investments in firearm manufacturers that make guns prohibited under state law. The firm’s announcement followed a day in which the White House reiterated President Barack Obama’s support for a new ban on assault weapons and lawmakers called for stricter gun-control laws.

Cerberus made this statement:

Quote:
“This decision allows us to meet our obligations to the investors whose interests we are entrusted to protect without being drawn into the national debate” on gun control, Cerberus said in a statement issued just after midnight in New York.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...chool-massacre

Now, you, the CEO of Remington are going to jump on your sword and threaten to move the company out of CT: Yeah, right. Good luck finding another cushy job.