Remington and New York - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Remington and New York

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Remington needs to leave New York...

Every dollar I spend with Remington, is taxes going to an anti-gun state. I will do my part to legally protest anti-gun states. Politicians WILL NOT listen, any other way.

I'd personally like to see New York lose millions in revenue over this. So please, don't buy Remington, leave New York, and boycott New York goods...
I wish you'd rethink that position...Politics aside NY has a RICH history and the first Remingtons ever made in America were made right there in Ilion, NY...

Also, the plant employs a lot of people, 2 of which I know personally.

Upstate Y is in rough shape and people don't understand that...This state is 85% of the population in 15% of the land mass (NYC) and they act like "UPSTATE" is the tumor!!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I disagree. If Remington leaves, other companies might be more inclined to do the same... If Remington leaves, other states might think twice before starting boneheaded legislation.

South Carolina would REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY like Remington jobs....

Hey, we got a bunch of car manufacturers, and Boeing....
Again...the only people this would hurt are the ones who work at the plant.

Do you think NY state NEEDS Remington? No..they don't.

But I want them. The Remington family has been making guns there since 1816!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #23

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Well its clear from what Ive read that the politicians in new york state went against their constituents in some cases. Remington protested. We need to get with remington and the people in the districts that were ignored and sold out by their politicians and see about getting some scumbags replaced with people who will actually vote the will of their people. I love remington. Its an american icon.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Well its clear from what Ive read that the politicians in new york state went against their constituents in some cases. Remington protested. We need to get with remington and the people in the districts that were ignored and sold out by their politicians and see about getting some scumbags replaced with people who will actually vote the will of their people. I love remington. Its an american icon.
Senator Maziarz was with us folks here in Niagara County...

Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5623 Times on 2939 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
How about close it down, move the people and machinery back to America, and donate the land and building to the N.Y. republican party?
the republican party is half the problem. there arent many if any conservatives in the republican party in noooo yaaark.

i think all sales and support of noooo yaaark state police and guard units with accessories guns and ammo should stop.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

a big what if,,,,, what if Remington did close up their factory in New York and move those operations to another state? how many people are employeed at that factory? where do they go? to the new factory? what about those people with ties to their communities, houses and property? what about some just would not want to move.

many people seem to think it's just easy to pick up and move to another state, whether it be a person or a company. it ain't!

Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
a big what if,,,,, what if Remington did close up their factory in New York and move those operations to another state? how many people are employeed at that factory? where do they go? to the new factory? what about those people with ties to their communities, houses and property? what about some just would not want to move.

many people seem to think it's just easy to pick up and move to another state, whether it be a person or a company. it ain't!
Great point axxe.

Almost 3,000 people would lose theie jobs. Ilion is a smaller neighborhood (Yes...most of NY is actually rural.)

Sure, Rochester, Syracuse and Oneida are close....but the job market as a whole is pretty stagnant. I walk into local coffee shops and there are older people in their 60s working because retirement is non-existent