Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Remington and New York

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter

Their factory in NY dates back to the early 1800's. it is the birthplace of the oldest American firearms maker. why the hell should they close down because of a recent crop of jackass politicians? Makes no sense for them to go anywhere
Who said they have to close the doors?..they are a huge multi-million dollar corporation. There are many ways they could take a stance against NY without closing doors. In NO WAY do u wish to see honest people losing their jobs!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5199 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 4421

How about close it down, move the people and machinery back to America, and donate the land and building to the N.Y. republican party?

Golda Meier.
Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I don't believe boycotting Remington and unlikely, but possibly, making them move or close the facility would help matters. Too many people owe their livelihoods to Remington. It might be more advantageous to have all those people and the company working from within at election time to combine with others to change the bumblecrats and laws.

Remington is a historical company that has withstood many changes of government and still soldiers on employing hundreds of people. Let's not cut off our noses to spite our faces.

By the way, I don't own any Remington guns, nor is this a paid endorsement. I do use UMC AMMO tho',

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
Who said they have to close the doors?..they are a huge multi-million dollar corporation. There are many ways they could take a stance against NY without closing doors. In NO WAY do u wish to see honest people losing their jobs!
there have been a number of people in this thread suggesting they get out of NY.

Look, if I ran a firearms company, I'd probably not be at the point of the spear in terms of fighting Govt; State, local, Feds ...and the reason is, unlike the media and a lot of people on internet forums, they [Remington] are thinking about relationships that go back over 100 years. They supply firearms to the US Armed Forces. These jackass NY politicians are going to be gone in a few years. I bet Remington will be there for a few hundred more. Boycotting Remington does absolutely nothing to enhance anyone's firearms rights. Just like everyone else on this forum, Remington and other companies in NY have to pay taxes they don't agree with and live with laws and policies they don't agree with. I have a President who I completely loathe. I still pay my taxes.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #15

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I disagree. If Remington leaves, other companies might be more inclined to do the same... If Remington leaves, other states might think twice before starting boneheaded legislation.

South Carolina would REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY like Remington jobs....

Hey, we got a bunch of car manufacturers, and Boeing....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #16

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

In my opinion anyone that produces arms to be sold to civilians is our friend, They are already about to be victimized by the state of NY. For gun owners to boycott them would be unforgivable. Perhaps they are thinking of moving to somewhere else. I am sure a bunch of people boycotting them is not going to help. How bad would it be if the gun people bankrupted the gun manufacturers? We don't need any anti-gun people to take away our rights. Sounds like we can do it ourselves!!!!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
In my opinion anyone that produces arms to be sold to civilians is our friend, They are already about to be victimized by the state of NY. For gun owners to boycott them would be unforgivable. Perhaps they are thinking of moving to somewhere else. I am sure a bunch of people boycotting them is not going to help. How bad would it be if the gun people bankrupted the gun manufacturers? We don't need any anti-gun people to take away our rights. Sounds like we can do it ourselves!!!!
Yes, and part of me agrees with this side of the issue as well....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #18

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

Perhaps some gun friendly states could offer them a tax credit to move.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Perhaps some gun friendly states could offer them a tax credit to move.
LOL! I think, based on National tax averages, just leaving New York would be a "tax credit".

I would seriously, (If I were Remington), pack up the New York plant and move to a place like South Carolina. The cost of moving would be offset instantly by the cost of taxation, and the cost of living...it'd be an instant pay raise to the employees.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

NOT NC!! INDIANA!!!

I wont nor will i EVER boycott Remington...hell half my safe is Remingtons dating back to the beginning of the last century!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!