Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Remington and New York (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/remington-new-york-81907/)

badasstruck 01-20-2013 01:43 PM

Remington and New York

Does anyone know what position Remington Arms has taken on New York's new gun laws? I for one will not purchase anything Remington untill I hear what stance they are taking with their governor and state!!

bluez 01-20-2013 02:25 PM

Some of their employees protested it.
Remington is in a difficult position.
One cannot rule out that they might move to another state.

Lets not demonize them for the bad luck of living in a state run by evil men.

c3shooter 01-20-2013 02:29 PM

Perchance do you mean THIS Remington?

Remington Arms Company, LLC
870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700

Yes, firearms plant in Ilion NY. And other places as well. They have a large capital investment in the plant- but looks like they are spreading things out a bit.

And while it will not happen, would love to see all gun and ammo makers decline any sales to any govt agency in NY.

badasstruck 01-20-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez
Some of their employees protested it.
Remington is in a difficult position.
One cannot rule out that they might move to another state.

Lets not demonize them for the bad luck of living in a state run by evil men.

But they are also "big" enough to be able to take a stance against Cuomo! ...Even a statement condemning the whole thing would be a step in the right direction!

badasstruck 01-20-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Perchance do you mean THIS Remington?

Remington Arms Company, LLC
870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700

Yes, firearms plant in Ilion NY. And other places as well. They have a large capital investment in the plant- but looks like they are spreading things out a bit.

And while it will not happen, would love to see all gun and ammo makers decline any sales to any govt agency in NY.

I realize this....their factory in NewYork is HUGE though!

chuckusaret 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

Hey, Colt has recently opened a small facility in Orlando, but I have no idea of what the intended use is. Could be for planning bigger and better things for the state.

fmj 01-20-2013 02:48 PM

I dont understand WHY gun companies continue to do business with/in anti-constitution states.

Remington Ilion NY....NY has a LONG history of being anti gun, whereas the Hoosier state is a LIBERTY loving state. We would be HAPPY to welcome them the VERY pro freedom IN.

Spingfield Armory in IL....It wouldnt be a very far move for SA to come to the gun friendly IN.

chloeshooter 01-20-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badasstruck

I realize this....their factory in NewYork is HUGE though!

Their factory in NY dates back to the early 1800's. it is the birthplace of the oldest American firearms maker. why the hell should they close down because of a recent crop of jackass politicians? Makes no sense for them to go anywhere

Rarity 01-20-2013 03:17 PM

Remington attended the pro gun rally in Albany yesterday. They oppose the NY Safe Act. Remington also employs many New Yorkers upstate in small counties, it would be very sad to see all of these peaceful, gun loving Americans to lose their jobs in an economy like this.

Mosin 01-20-2013 03:24 PM

Remington needs to leave New York...

Every dollar I spend with Remington, is taxes going to an anti-gun state. I will do my part to legally protest anti-gun states. Politicians WILL NOT listen, any other way.

I'd personally like to see New York lose millions in revenue over this. So please, don't buy Remington, leave New York, and boycott New York goods...