Remington - NBC will soon air a report most popular Shotguns & Rifles
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Remington - NBC will soon air a report most popular Shotguns & Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2026 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 4320

Default Remington - NBC will soon air a report most popular Shotguns & Rifles

NBC is at it again, they will soon air a report about Remington Arms and several of Remington most popular shoyguns and rifles.

Read the pdf in the link below. I am now going to get another 870.

http://www.respectremington.tv/?ammoland#/home

http://www.respectremington.tv/pdf/Remington_NBC_Pre-Air_Release.pdf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #2

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1425

Without getting into the 'wisdom' of putting one's hand on the muzzle or leaving a chambered gun standing up on it's butt, are there other firearms whose sole safety just blocks the trigger, instead of the hammer and/or other parts of the firing mechanism?

Old 04-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6033 Times on 3163 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Without getting into the 'wisdom' of putting one's hand on the muzzle or leaving a chambered gun standing up on it's butt, are there other firearms whose sole safety just blocks the trigger, instead of the hammer and/or other parts of the firing mechanism?
Glocks and just about any firearm that uses a crossbolt style safety.

The things you WONT find in that "report" will be the fact the gun in question was monkeyed with by the owner and the one nbc will use to "demonstrate" was monkeyed with by nbc itself to create a false image of remington products.

Just remember it hasnt even been a week since nbc was caught creatively editing police 911 audio recordings to make zimmerman say racial slurs...

Crossbolt safeties are safe and have been in use for over a hundred years. People get shot by their own firearms purely through negligence but that wont be anywhere in the lie factory nbc will be airing

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-12-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Crossbolt safeties are safe and have been in use for over a hundred years. People get shot by their own firearms purely through negligence but that wont be anywhere in the lie factory nbc will be airing
I just thought that part was worth repeating.

You could put a remote trigger on any of my guns fire it at any random time you want and no one would get accidentally shot because I follow the rules and NEVER point the gun at anything I don't want to destroy.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3531

MSNBC is an anti-gun ultra-liberal mouthpiece. They have made a career of bashing Remington. i own 19 Remington model 721, 722 and 700 rifles. Together those guns have fired a million or two rounds. None of them ever went bang before they were supposed to.

One of the "cases" cited by MSNBC is a dumb lady who unloaded her gun while pointing it at her son. Remington 700 rifles become dangerous because dumb butts try to adjust their triggers.

Last edited by alsaqr; 04-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #6

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1425

I guess what I’m getting at is:

Do other firearms manufactures use the same kind of trigger only safety? What are their accidental discharge (as differentiated from NDs) records?

If other firearm manufactures do utilize other and/or additional safeties; firing pin blocks, etc. (like Glocks, 1911s, etc.), what are their AD rates?

Basically, is Remington being picked on? I didn’t see anything on the report about how other firearms manufactures design their safeties, and whether their records are better or worse.

I remain suspicious when other information & data exists, but is not presented.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

With NBC's history with exploding pickups and altered "facts", I believe NOTHING they have to say.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2416 Times on 1308 Posts
Likes Given: 695

NBC gave up being a viable news source a long time ago. It is nothing but a liberal propaganda mill. NBC should not even be referred to as a news media.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #9

Liked 810 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 931

I do have a small complaint with the 870... The ejector spring isnt very strong and its not a user replaceable part (theres a rivet holding it in)... I broke mine, but because I wasnt the original owner, they wanted to charge me.. Well it ended up being cheaper to buy a new 870 than to send my old one and have it fixed...
But the same part on the Mossberg 500 is much beefier and is replaceable...
I do have both.. the 870 is my "modern tactical" one, the 500 is my "goose gun"..

Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

The thing that got me about the story was no mention of the understanding we have here, "A firearm is always considered loaded and should always be handled as such." The one guy they talked to that was in prison for killing his wife said he handed his rifle to his wife, after being in the process of cleaning it, and it went off. Rather odd that he didn't have the bolt slid back for cleaning. I'm sorry for the injuries of others they were interviewing but they all sounded like mishandling of firearms. The question from the newsman should have been, "Why didn't you handle your firearm with absolute safety in mind?" All this being said, have I made mistakes? Yes, but I always strive to know where the muzzle is pointed and I don't stand my firearm in a position where it will slide over or fall. So in many ways this whole thing was a witch hunt. How many people died during the NBC program due to vehicle accidents, drowning or overdoses of drugs,etc? When one considers the millions of Remington shotguns and rifles around I suspect that comparing the previous mentioned deaths far outstrip accidental discharge wounds and deaths. It would be interesting to see the statistics of all wounds and deaths against the Remington statistics. I'm pretty sure Remington would come out smelling like a rose compared to other death causes.