Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Remington lands huge Govt. contract (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/remington-lands-huge-govt-contract-86107/)

WNGMSTR 03-09-2013 01:02 AM

Remington lands huge Govt. contract

Interesting. The 8.9 mil includes the upgrades, I would think.

"U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer announced Monday that Remington is set to receive $8.9 million from the Army to manufacture 1,212 M24 sniper rifles used by servicemen and women serving in Afghanistan."

http://www.littlefallstimes.com/news/x1958449479/Army-orders-more-than-1-000-M24s-from-Remington

bluez 03-09-2013 01:04 AM

The obscenity of having a creature like Schumer announce this, is not lost on us soldiers.

WNGMSTR 03-09-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1169218)
The obscenity in having a creature like Schumer announce this is not lost on us soldiers.

Absolutely not!

1911love 03-09-2013 03:41 AM

I guess we see what side Remington is on. Their quality has gone to crap the last few years and after this they really expect to keep our business. No sir, no way.

locutus 03-09-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911love (Post 1169371)
I guess we see what side Remington is on. Their quality has gone to crap the last few years and after this they really expect to keep our business. No sir, no way.

And what exactly is the proper course of action for Remington?? Refuse to supply our troops????

That would be treasonous.

If they had refused to support our heroic soldiers they would be assh0les of the highest order.

WNGMSTR 03-09-2013 03:07 PM

Then there is this...

Washington -- The Department of Defense has awarded the Remington Arms factory in Ilion a contract worth $80 million to produce more than 5,000 sniper rifles for the U.S. military, Rep. Richard Hanna said today.

The rifles will be manufactured over the course of 10 years at the Remington plant in Herkimer County, said Hanna, R-Barneveld.

The federal contract award comes on the same day of reports that Remington plans to spend $20 million upgrading the plant,which employs about 1,200 people.

“The award of this contract to Remington Defense further shows that they are the premier manufacturer of sniper rifles for our Armed Forces,” Hanna said in a statement today.

"I have full confidence that this contract will be fulfilled with the high quality and standards that define our Ilion workforce," Hanna said. "I fully support Remington Arms and will continue working to ensure that the company and its dedicated employees can thrive in Herkimer County for generations to come.”

The contract calls for the delivery of rifle systems that include AAC Titan QD suppressors and millions of rounds of Barnes ammunition, according to Hanna's office.

Hanna, a supporter of gun rights who has top ratings from the National Rifle Association, has dueled recently with a South Carolina congressman who suggested the Remington plant should move to his state because of New York's restrictive new gun law. Remington has manufactured guns in Upstate New York since 1816.

Tackleberry1 03-09-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911love (Post 1169371)

The M24 is a bolt action .308 which is perfectly legal everywhere in the US so I do not fault Remington for taking this contract.

While I agree with the spirit of your sentiment, we must be targeted in our boycot strategy and reserve our ire for manufacturers like Sig, S&W, and GLOCK who hold the majority of LEO contracts for NY state, supply NY LEO's with standard capacity mags that civilians can no longer buy, and who refuse to join the 123 manufacturers currently boycotting or limiting NY LEO's to only the products NY Civilians can buy. ;)

Tack

chloeshooter 03-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez
The obscenity of having a creature like Schumer announce this, is not lost on us soldiers.

Yeah no kidding "look what I did for this NY company........" At the same time look what these buffoons did TO firearms owners in NY

Warrior1256 03-09-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1169881)
Yeah no kidding "look what I did for this NY company........" At the same time look what these buffoons did TO firearms owners in NY

Ditto!!!!!

gilfo 03-11-2013 12:24 PM

Think it has anything to do with trying to keep Remington in NY. Maybe why ole Chuck made the anouncement.