? on reloaded ammo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ? on reloaded ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default ? on reloaded ammo

Ok so I just bought a reloader and am going to start reloading, so i can hit the range alot more! But I have a few friends who want to purchase some of my reloads, as it is cheaper. So my question is what leagal path ways must I go through to leagally sell my reloaded ammunition? Thanks for any advice, as I do not want to end up in a federall pund me in the butt prison! LOL

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #2

if you do it as a private sell then yes. though here is the thing you will want to consider, if even one thing is wrong with the ammo and it causes injury to the person that uses it you can get sued.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't reload, so this is strictly my opinion, don't do it. The liability you'll expose yourself to just isn't worth it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #4

Here's a thought, to avoid the liability, rent the reloader to your friends so that they do thier own.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #5

Just let them come by and use it. Have them pay you in primers beer or what ever. Don’t let them take your equipment home with them. I just started reloading not long ago myself. You may find working out a load for each type of brass more work than you thought it would be.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 06-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It is illegal to manufacture AND sell reloaded ammo without an ammo manufacturers license. DON'T do it. Best I remember a ammo manufacturer's license is a FFL class 7. You would also need liability insurance. Now you CAN help them reload ammo on your equipment but cannot do it for them-either for free or charging them.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #7

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1256

What if your friend had a piece of crap gun? He shoots a perfectly good round that you loaded. The gun blows up because it was a piece of crap. Your friend is injured. Now you have one less friend, and need a lawyer. Of course they will think it is your fault.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #8

I like the renting idea, I "rent" mine, every 200 rounds they put together, I get to put 10 together on their dime.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357
don't do it. The liability you'll expose yourself to just isn't worth it.
I'll second that.

Unless you are really strange (no aspersion cast) you did not start reloading to save other people money. If they want reloads, let them get their own equipment.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #10

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
It is illegal to manufacture AND sell reloaded ammo without an ammo manufacturers license. DON'T do it. Best I remember a ammo manufacturer's license is a FFL class 7. You would also need liability insurance. Now you CAN help them reload ammo on your equipment but cannot do it for them-either for free or charging them.
I was an FFl licensed ammo manufacture for over 30 years when I was also an FFl dealer. Your liability insurance will cost you a bunch along with having to pay Federal Tax on each and every round you manfacture. You can load for someone else without all this "IF" you load their own brass. This does not require a License. If you use brass from any other source, you have to be licensed. If I were you, I would tell them, if they want to reload and reap the benifits from it, buy their own equipment and start loading on their own....................

Jim.............

Last edited by masterPsmith; 06-06-2010 at 02:03 PM.