Regulate and Tax.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Regulate and Tax.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Default Regulate and Tax.

In the same manner in which the government got full auto(i.e. REAL Assault weapons) off of the streets with the '34 NFA might they try a similar approach with semi-auto long guns? Seems like it'd be easy enough to simply add them to the list of NFA weapons and force everyone who owns one to register it and pay a tax(maybe $200 instead of the $300 for a full auto)summit to a lengthy background check and turn in a finger print card. This way they can skip around the Constitution the same way the did with full autos and they technically won't be banned, just heavily regulated to the point where the average citizen won't bother trying to buy one anymore.
Just throwin' this out there for eveyone to chew on a bit so they'll be ready in case this is the road the government takes instead of the outright ban that many think may go into effect.
This is the War Room!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3179 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Where did you get the $300 figure? Dude, the NFA tax is $200, always has been.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3179 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

A question just came to mind... In 1934 when the NFA was enacted, such weapons had to be "registered". The tax is for the transfer of such a weapon. Owners of such weapons should not have been forced to pay the tax, only register, correct? I was born a few years later so was not around to see this all go down.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
In the same manner in which the government got full auto(i.e. REAL Assault weapons) off of the streets with the '34 NFA might they try a similar approach with semi-auto long guns? Seems like it'd be easy enough to simply add them to the list of NFA weapons and force everyone who owns one to register it and pay a tax(maybe $200 instead of the $300 for a full auto)summit to a lengthy background check and turn in a finger print card. This way they can skip around the Constitution the same way the did with full autos and they technically won't be banned, just heavily regulated to the point where the average citizen won't bother trying to buy one anymore.
Just throwin' this out there for eveyone to chew on a bit so they'll be ready in case this is the road the government takes instead of the outright ban that many think may go into effect.
Sure- while they're at it they shud raise the price of ammo to say $50 a bullet = That shud regualate the crap out of the "average citizen" from buying ammo

Old 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6625 Times on 3520 Posts
Likes Given: 491

The original purpose of the nfa was for all guns to be on it. Democrats had mostly the control of government and they didnt want blacks owning guns. The republicans got it waterd down enough to only be full auto and certain other firearms.

Gun control has always been about racism.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Where did you get the $300 figure? Dude, the NFA tax is $200, always has been.
Not sure why but I was under the impression that it was $300 for a full auto and $200 for a suppressor. Guess I stand corrected.
I just think instead of an all out frontal assault on our gun Rights with an all out ban, Obama might try some sneaky back door stuff like putting semi-auto "assault weapons" on the NFA list.
This is the War Room!"

Last edited by TNFrank; 12-25-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
The original purpose of the nfa was for all guns to be on it. Democrats had mostly the control of government and they didnt want blacks owning guns. The republicans got it waterd down enough to only be full auto and certain other firearms.

Gun control has always been about racism.
Since most of these mass shootings were done by white males, I guess they should only do it to whites. Because blacks are law abiding citizens.
::::