Regarding lending your wife a firearm for travel. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Regarding lending your wife a firearm for travel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
In a worst case scenario, it could save her life. Best case, no one knows she even has it. Hedge your bets.
I totally agree!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1252

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart18 View Post
Hi guys! I live in Commiefornia and my wife is taking a trip up north to visit her sister which is like a 6 hour drive. She's taking my son and she will be driving through areas where she will lose cell phone service as well as not having anyone around to help her. I want to give her one of my pistols just in case she needs it. You here all kinds of horrible stories happening and I want to make sure the two most important things in my life are well taken care of. Can I legally lend it to her even if its registered to me?
Late to the game here... so FWIW

If your a gun owner; then no matter what, you need to be fully aware of your states requirements for gun ownership. I realize you're doing just that at a certain level but a forum is not the place.... "Start" with reading your state's criminal code re. firearms...

If your truly concerned about your wife and child's safety "MIGHT" be at risk , then you need to go with them. The way California law dictates how you are to transports firearms and ammo "Legally" in a vehicle. Drawing and defending yourself with a pistol is darn near impossible in the time an incident occurs. You can't call "Time out" and then "Time in"....

If registration / ownership is the issue.. Then it is a simple fix and wait issue... Take one of your firearms (or purchase another) and get it transferred into your wife's name.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

The hell with Kommiefornia, pack the pistol. I live in Mo. next to Mo. is this Left winged State called Illinoes, they are just like Kommiefornia. I don't stop in that state but I pack.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
Late to the game here... so FWIW If your a gun owner; then no matter what, you need to be fully aware of your states requirements for gun ownership. I realize you're doing just that at a certain level but a forum is not the place.... "Start" with reading your state's criminal code re. firearms... If your truly concerned about your wife and child's safety "MIGHT" be at risk , then you need to go with them. The way California law dictates how you are to transports firearms and ammo "Legally" in a vehicle. Drawing and defending yourself with a pistol is darn near impossible in the time an incident occurs. You can't call "Time out" and then "Time in".... If registration / ownership is the issue.. Then it is a simple fix and wait issue... Take one of your firearms (or purchase another) and get it transferred into your wife's name.
Actually this forum usually has somebody who has done the research already and has links to a good concealed carry website for that state that gives the state statutes as well as the recent case law, which is more important than the state statutes since they are not abolished when a court rules them unconstitutional nor are they edited when a court itself (unconstitutionally) expands those laws beyond their original intent. And case law by state is not usually an easy thing to research on your own.

As long as you have enough common sense to ignore the armchair lawyers and ask for a link when you see something that affects you, a forum like this is a great place to go for any concealed carry advice including the general basics of state firearm laws and a good place to start reading up on them.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #25

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

If you are married, it is half her gun

Old 01-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #26

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Another (maybe) dumb question. Have you seen you can put the OnStar mirror system in ANY car now? then if she breaks down the OnStar system can be contacted to send help. it works off satellites and I love mine. You can load phone call minutes pretty cheap too, and she can use it to make emergency calls. Call to onStar and then get the damn gun out of the trunk. As long as she is not driving like Ricky bobby then she should not need to worry about the CHP, and if it is locked in the trunk, why would they even need to open it if she got pulled over?

We go to the dunes in CA all of the time and have *cough* accidentally brought our pistol with the EVIL 15-17 round magazines, never a single issue. We have to go through 1-2 Border Patrol checkpoints with the dogs and like I said all good.

Here's the thing 99.9999999% chance she won't need it. But if she did need it and something happens, you'll never ever forgive yourself sending her without protection.