Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Regarding lending your wife a firearm for travel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I don't say this often....

Screw the law. Which would you rather, having to drive to the jail house and sign some bond papers, or having to drive to the morgue and identify her corpse?

A gun is part of the luggage on EVERY road trip state side. Don't get stopped by the cops don't admit to having it and don't give permission to search the vehicle if you do and everything will be fine.

(If it gets used, obviously that's different and honesty is the best policy then.)

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Pepper spray and a knife illegal?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #13

Liked 448 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Better to be judged by 12....

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.wfo4life.com

Old 12-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
Felony conviction or carried by 6?

Tough position. State laws trump, make sure you understand them. Commie state doesn't take kindly to people that don't swallow the rhetoric.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Commie state doesn't take kindly to people that don't swallow the rhetoric.
It doesn't matter what they think. Even in the commie state they can't search your car without probable cause.

As long as the gun is out of sight in the vehicle and stored somewhere other than with the registration papers there's no chance of the officer seeing it on a stop.

As long as she doesn't stink of narcotics there isn't really any other reason for them to search the car.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #16

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Why no get her her own gun registered to her? I don't know CA law but in Illinois I can loan my wife my gun and it has to be in a case. You can have loaded mags in the case but not in the gun. Illinois has no gun registration but we do have to register gun owners.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

What is this "gun registration" thing you speak of? Any State that does not trust its law abiding citizens with firearms deserves to be in your rear view mirror.

Escape while you can!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 12-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #18
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart18 View Post
She has plenty experience with a firearm and by law she will have to carry the firearm in a locked container separated from the ammo which could be anywhere else. My fear is that the car will have a mishap and she can be stranded in a dark desolate place, where in that case, it would be most safe for her to take the firearm out of the trunk and keep it in her loaded. Yes, it may be illegal but there isn't one law that's going to keep her safe if someone stops to break the law and try to rape or kill her. Only thing I'm worried about is if she gets pulled over and the cops discover that there is a firearm in the trunk that's locked away and separated from the ammo but is not registered to her. I was only wondering if someone who may live here in Cali may be familiar with this and would know that it would or would not be legal for her to travel with it if it belonged to her husband.
dude! TMI! I'm sure you meant on her. otherwise, we may need to move this to the Trail......

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
If you would like advice, move.

Even if she can legally carry in the trunk, separated from ammo, and all that.

Then why even have her take it with her? Can she carry it with her when she is at her destination? Can she carry it into the Cracker Barrel she stops at on the way? How about refueling?
If she needed it she still has to open the trunk, grab the gun, grab the ammo, load the gun.

And a robbery can happen faster than the time it took to read this.
I have to agree with Dan here. Find a LEGAL means for her to defend herself and your son. I suggest a 4 D cell Maglight or something along those lines. Yes, my wife and I both have our CCW Permits, but our 16 YO daughter can not legally carry. Hence the matching trio of Maglights in all 3 of the trucks we own. Not as good as a pistol, but LE doesn't question why you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
What is this "gun registration" thing you speak of? Any State that does not trust its law abiding citizens with firearms deserves to be in your rear view mirror.

Escape while you can!
This ^^ is why we are moving out of NY at the end of the school year. Leave while you can, you will be happier elsewhere. i am originally from So-CAL, and have lived many other places. I can vouch for the fact that the grass si greener elswhere. At least the LEGAL grass is.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I don't say this often....

Screw the law. Which would you rather, having to drive to the jail house and sign some bond papers, or having to drive to the morgue and identify her corpse?

A gun is part of the luggage on EVERY road trip state side. Don't get stopped by the cops don't admit to having it and don't give permission to search the vehicle if you do and everything will be fine.

(If it gets used, obviously that's different and honesty is the best policy then.)
That's exactly the same way I feel!

Old 12-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk
I totally agree!