Recording Video
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Recording Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default Recording Video

Saw this app on Facebook today http://fivofilm.com/ that will upload video tot he internet as you are recording it, thereby preserving all recordings in the event that your phone is confiscated. This could be a double-edged sword though, but given the sheer number of cases where we hear about people having their phones taken from them and the recordings destroyed, I am thinking that it might be a good idea to have on hand just in case the unthinkable does happen. Kind of like carrying a concealed firearm. Just in case. There are many, many situations where pulling a gun would be totally inappropriate but recording the incident would not. Just think of the random traffic stop that goes sideways. Or how often you hear about someone who gets cited for something and then claims the officer lied about it.

What are your thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

As an emergency tool, I think it's a good idea. For normal use, bad idea. I don't want any of my raw footage automatically on the internet. Although, I assume it just caches the info somewhere? I don't have a smartphone, though, so I don't have to worry.

Would it not be nice if there was a tool that would send your raw footage via bluetooth onto a memory chip that'd be separate from the phone, but nearby? That way, they could take the phone, but you'd still have the chip.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
As an emergency tool, I think it's a good idea. For normal use, bad idea. I don't want any of my raw footage automatically on the internet. Although, I assume it just caches the info somewhere? I don't have a smartphone, though, so I don't have to worry.

Would it not be nice if there was a tool that would send your raw footage via bluetooth onto a memory chip that'd be separate from the phone, but nearby? That way, they could take the phone, but you'd still have the chip.
I agree, either that or maybe stream it to yourself in an email of something. I would be uncomfortable with uploading all of my videos to the internet in any event- even though I am fully aware that is what happens with most devices when you take a still photo these days. There is also a time, day and GPS location marker that goes into every image you take with your device when you use it. I don't think there is any way to get around that one. Where I think it would be good is if you get in an accident, or get pulled over for something and just start recording. These days you can't be too careful.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Agreed. But what if your phone could dream data to a separate storage device? A small bluetooth reader/writer for a SDHC card?
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Agreed. But what if your phone could dream data to a separate storage device? A small bluetooth reader/writer for a SDHC card?
That would be good too. I am just thinking that you could do the other with just an app rather than having another device there too.