Record number of CCW permits in Sacramento
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Record number of CCW permits in Sacramento

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default Record number of CCW permits in Sacramento

At least they aren't denying people outright. This looks like a step in the right direction. Now if only my county could get on board here...

Record Number Of People To Carry Concealed Weapons - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said it is seeing a drastic increase in the number of people applying for a concealed weapons permit.

Spokesman Jason Ramos said 900 people have applied for a CCW this year. The department said it is approving 90 percent of those permits that means there will be more than 800 new CCW holders this year.
Two years ago, the sheriff’s department approved just 12 permits.

Ramos said, this year, they are approving more applications than have been approved in the entire history of the department combined. “It’s definitely unprecedented numbers,” Ramos said.

The number of applications has led to a processing backlog. Ramos said the department has to call five additional on-call deputies to get the job done, and there is still about a four month wait for an initial interview.
Josh Deaser owns Just Guns in Sacramento. He said many of the people applying for permits to carry concealed are doing so because they are concerned about their safety.

The Sheriff's Department could lose more than 60 officers to budget cuts this year. “It’s something on everybody’s mind,” Deaser said. “Less police mean more crime and if the police can’t protect them, then the people should be able to protect themselves.”

Rebecca Gonzales, an advocate for stricter gun laws, is concerned about the number of people who will now being carrying a weapon.
“When you have more people who may respond incorrectly, there is just more gunfire. There is just more accidents, and I just think there is a greater chance for fatalities and injuries,” Gonzales said.

“We've never had anybody shot by a CCW holder hopefully that trend will continue,” Ramos said.

Ramos said the sheriff’s department has no plans to cut back on the number of applications being approved, which means that number could continue to grow.

The department is receiving an average of close to six new permits a day.
Copyright 2011 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read more: Record Number Of People To Carry Concealed Weapons - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #2

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Good deal...someone gets it there

Old 06-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
At least they aren't denying people outright. This looks like a step in the right direction. Now if only my county could get on board here...

Record Number Of People To Carry Concealed Weapons - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento
I especially like this part:
Quote:
Copyright 2011 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
You should have just left it with the link, but copying the copyright notice along with the copyrighted content is kinda funny.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #4

Nice one, camiller. Haha

This article is awesome, it shows a step in the right direction!!