Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Record firearm sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default Record firearm sales

Not surprising but still an interesting read.

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-purchasers-set-record-december-fbi-173006328.html;_ylt=Agj7RaJ52riCXxsTkxtbE0JtzwcF;_ ylu=X3oDMTNubHFpZ3VtBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBVU1NGBHBrZw MxODMxMTE4Yy1lZmJhLTNiYjYtYWE5ZC05ZTM1NjM0YTE2N2ME cG9zAzEEc2VjA3RvcF9zdG9yeQR2ZXIDZTFlMTFmMzAtNTUwOS 0xMWUyLWIzZjQtZjhlNWJjZWYzNGU0;_ylg=X3oDMTFoaTA0am h2BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN1 LXMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 521 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 2274

Yep.
Have been to the local Turners a few times.
So many customers,
you have to take a number and wait.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #3

Liked 175 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 50

What do you think of the record gun sales and the claim of declining ownership? I believe that conflict is caused by folks not admitting gun ownership when surveyed. Good for them.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #4

Liked 1022 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
What do you think of the record gun sales and the claim of declining ownership? I believe that conflict is caused by folks not admitting gun ownership when surveyed. Good for them.
It could also be that those who are causing the record sales are already gun owners.

I'm sure that the fear of future restrictive legislation is encouraging some first time buyers but in my opinion it's the people rushing to complete their collections who are buying most of them.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I would like to see the variables used in the survey and how they accounted for bias. Also if it was based in Chicago that could have an effect as the laws there have changed dramatically. Since I bought my first handgun in 2011 I know of 3 male friends and 11 female friends who have also bought firearms intended for self defense. And several are staunch liberals who at one time feared guns. In my experience more and more are becoming gun owners, not the other way around.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1098 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 625

Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago's General Social Survey.

that ^^^ caught my eye as well. i highy doubt that little bit of info is truthful, or correct.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #7

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Play right out of rules for radicals...

Marginalize and demonize the opposition.

I seriously doubt there are less gun owners. I personally have watched people buy guns, become gun nuts, etc... But I've never seen anyone go from owning a gun to not owning one.

And I've seen this from South Carolina, Maine, and Hawaii.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #8

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago's General Social Survey.

that ^^^ caught my eye as well. i highy doubt that little bit of info is truthful, or correct.

Ditto...just the amount of new gun owners to sign up here lately is enough to tell me that "stat" is effin' bogus...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting