Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Reciprocity bill has flaws, show your support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default The Reciprocity bill has flaws, show your support

take-action

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I am not sure I want the Feds elbowing the states out of this issue. On the other hand I might feel differently if I didn't live in Florida.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #3

Of course it has flaws! Which flaws, specifically, were you referring?

I don't like the federal gov't infringing on states rights, and I don't like federal and state gov't infringing on *MY* rights!

The flaws are completely stacked... there has to be laws to override other laws.

There's simply too much government... they are legislating this country to death!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Of course it has flaws! Which flaws, specifically, were you referring?

I don't like the federal gov't infringing on states rights, and I don't like federal and state gov't infringing on *MY* rights!

The flaws are completely stacked... there has to be laws to override other laws.

There's simply too much government... they are legislating this country to death!
Yeah, that!!!

What happens when the federalis decide to put more restrictions on the new National carry law...as it is i just stay the hell outta states that dont reciprocate w/ IN....and thats damn few!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5241 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 329

my issue is the propponents of this bill are using the EXACT same justification that obama used to ram through his healthcare...

they arent basing the bill off the second ammendment.

while i would like this law the ends never justify the means

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

On the other hand it would give California residents to opportunity to obtain a non-resident Utah Concealed Firearms Permit that would then be legal in CA. Since I live in one of the most restrictive counties in CA virtually no permits are issued here.

I agree that it is a serious flaw that Vermont would not fit within the law as written. Perhaps states would have to honor that policy.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Yeah, that!!!

What happens when the federalis decide to put more restrictions on the new National carry law...as it is i just stay the hell outta states that dont reciprocate w/ IN....and thats damn few!
What he said, switch IN for NC and that's me to a tee. Luckily NC shares reciprocity with 36 of the 50...not sure about WI yet...as long as I stay out of IL, CA and the northeast, no worries...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5241 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
On the other hand it would give California residents to opportunity to obtain a non-resident Utah Concealed Firearms Permit that would then be legal in CA. Since I live in one of the most restrictive counties in CA virtually no permits are issued here.

I agree that it is a serious flaw that Vermont would not fit within the law as written. Perhaps states would have to honor that policy.
as a resident of ca you would need a ca permit to carry there. you would be able to carry everywhere but ca...

anyway i dont support it because they are using the same justification obama is using to ram obamacare down our throats. they are, like him, bastardizing the commerce clause of the constitution instead of using the second ammendment.

i support the idea but the means getting there are evil and does more damage to our nation. i wont support taking a dump on the constitution.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Some might think this is "good"......

But as Virgil said; “I fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts”.

If the federal government would stay within the bounds of the Constitution,we wouldn't be having this discussion.

So now,instead of obeying the Constitution,and in particular the Second Amendment,they want to create a system of national permission slips for those THEY deem worthy to be allowed.

You know,the Nazis let other Nazi's own and carry weapons as they saw fit.
Same with the Communists- if you were a member of the Communist party in good standing you had "rights".

But if you were not a Nazi....or were not a "good communist"........YOU HAD NO RIGHTS.

So now,in the America our Founders created- we are to be reduced to the same.

Our Founders wrote the Constitution to limit the power of government,and in particular,the Bill of Rights,so that government could not VIOLATE the pre-existing rights which the Founders knew to exist as a condition of ones humanity.
But instead of OBEYING these limits and THE LAW,government now seeks the same kind of control over our rights that Stalin or Hitler had over their subjects.

We dont need permission to excersize our rights from the government.

We need government to STOP TREADING ON OUR RIGHTS AS THEY ARE ENUMERATED IN OUR GOVERNMENTS FOUNDING DOCUMENTS!!!

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 11-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #10

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I was watching the news the other day and listened to some Libtard politician, I wish I could remember who it was, being opposed to the national reciprocity law because "dangerous people" could get a concealed permit in an "easy" state like Florida and then use it to carry in other "hard" states. I really wish I could have debated this clueless moron. I just read the Florida concealed permit requirements and they didn't seem particularly easy to me. In fact it is easier to get a permit here in Washington state (no proficiency test). As far as I know every state does a background check and at least here in Washington all 10 of my fingerprints are on file with them. Plus no one with a felony can get a permit in any state. It was just a really stupid argument.