THIS is the reason normal people are scared of guns and people with guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > THIS is the reason normal people are scared of guns and people with guns

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default THIS is the reason normal people are scared of guns and people with guns

In another forum somebody was doing their first ever review. It was a woman.

It was a video review and she was a bit nervous. Well she made the cardinal sin.

Yes, even worse than accidently pointing a loaded gun at somebody during cleaning or at the range. Well not that bad, but close.

She called a magazine a "clip"

Of course every dope who is self-respecting showed up to slap her silly about her near fatal error.

This was my reply in a attempt to cheer her up. It was aimed at nobody. Just a general comment.
"it's a free country, call it a clip all day. Don't listen to these know it alls. They can't even wipe their own rear ends. probally living in their moms basement of a double wide."

Now, somebody got so mad this was his response.
"It's not being a "know it all" you ignorant dumbass. A clip is a metallic container that strips off rounds into a bolt action rifle, M1 Garand or a Mauser C96. A magazine is a container for rounds that you actually insert into the butt of a firearm. Therefore you can't confuse the terms as they're literally not interchangeable, you ****ing retard."

This guy has and carries a gun. getting this mad over a general response that had nothing to do with him.

Imagine if he gets mad at some kid cutting across his lawn.

This is why its so easy for the left to make gun owners look evil. Cause it is easy.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Last edited by DodgerBlue; 03-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Is that like going to a barber, sitting in the chair and reading a magazine while getting a clip?

Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #3

yep, seems to be a lot of this going around. Clearly the Know-it-alls Come out of the woodwork to stomp on those earnestly trying to learn or help others. They seem to chime right in as though someone asked THEM in particular, or else, they DIDN"'T get asked so they have to shoot down those that were as Know -Nothings. Takes all kinds to make this world keep spinning around. (unless you are that one person that the Earth spins around.)
That is like the Stocks/Grips on a 1911 .45 auto. argument. I just call them handles.(hehe not really)
Good on You for trying to make another person's day better! I wish more people Knew as much as You!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Liked 2608 Times on 1178 Posts
Likes Given: 2528

Normal people are not afraid of guns.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9159 Times on 3955 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

No, normal people are not. However, there are people that I am wary of being around- usually someone that has (what we call in the South) a screamin' hissy fit over nothing.

Yes, the PROPER term is a magazine- but I can show you factory packaging that has CLIP printed on it. Yes, it is .45 Colt, not Long colt- but I can find factory boxes marked Long Colt.

Some folks have just not figured out that you need to set some priorities in life- you cannot get foaming at the mouth mad at EVERYTHING- or you will never make it past age 35.

And if folks view you as an asshat_by_thundercake.jpg, it does not matter what your message is- it will NOT be heard.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think we all have a lot more important things to worry about right now than what someone chooses to call a magazine. I know I do.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #7

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
I think we all have a lot more important things to worry about right now than what someone chooses to call a magazine. I know I do.
But some people don't and that's troubling. They are the ones like guy in Florida.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

I think it's a stretch to tie being mag/clip anal to the guy in Florida. I mean, really? You're using the classic liberal response..."they do THIS so you know they would do THAT".

Please.....

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #9

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

There are some people who need to get over this "clip" versus "magazine" thing. Why does hearing a magazine referred to as a clip cause you so much stress? Come on, lighten up and give it a rest already! If someone else wants to say "clip" it is their right to do so and they aren't hurting you or anyone else, so cool it. As it was said above, we have more serious things to be concerned about.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

But, are they talking about Guns & Ammo or National Geographic?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Closed Thread