Really? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Really?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
How are you not getting the full story??
Because what probably caused them not to sell you the ammo is, at the first Wally World, your mother had to ask you what ammo to get, and what caliber. This means the sales person is there, you're giving her the information, which, technically speaking, can qualify as a straw purchase, which is a major no-no, and can cost them their FFL and quite a huge fine.
So, to be safe, the sales rep just refused to sell you the ammunition. It wasn't anything evil or a conspiracy, merely him protecting his job.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Because what probably caused them not to sell you the ammo is, at the first Wally World, your mother had to ask you what ammo to get, and what caliber. This means the sales person is there, you're giving her the information, which, technically speaking, can qualify as a straw purchase, which is a major no-no, and can cost them their FFL and quite a huge fine.
So, to be safe, the sales rep just refused to sell you the ammunition. It wasn't anything evil or a conspiracy, merely him protecting his job.
still im just saying since im the only one in my family that knows anything about guns i have to tell them what to get, however we just want to go shooting as a family, and that almost made it so we couldnt, i just didnt like it

Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7020 Times on 4225 Posts
Likes Given: 8456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
still im just saying since im the only one in my family that knows anything about guns i have to tell them what to get, however we just want to go shooting as a family, and that almost made it so we couldnt, i just didnt like it
I ask again.........how old are you?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #14

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

Exactly what is a straw purchase where ammo is concerned?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 564

We are talking about AZ. I can buy a gun for my wife and it is not a straw purchase and we are talking about ammo which has no forms to fill out.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #16

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70 View Post
Exactly what is a straw purchase where ammo is concerned?
As nutty as our laws are?

http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/Public-Affairs/press_releases/press07/WomanPleadsGuiltytoStrawPurchaseofAmmunition.html

http://www.dontlie.org/FAQ.cfm

Just as a straw purchase of a firearm is a felony, so, too, is a straw purchase of ammunition. Yes, it deals with felons, but let's be realistic. How many people actually know the laws completely?
It's actually a good thing for Kinetic that the store didn't call the law on this. Yes, they weren't doing anything illegal, however, we've seen how 'swiftly' law enforcement can figure out reality of laws in situations.
And one more thing? And this is pure speculation. If his mother is remarried and has a different last name than him? That would potentially send up flags as well to a sale.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #17

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

You cant buy ammo for a pistol if you're under 21. Just say, "This is for my rifle." Boom, problem solved.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 05-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan
You cant buy ammo for a pistol if you're under 21. Just say, "This is for my rifle." Boom, problem solved.
I jut got a marlin lever action and need ammo next week.. Figured if anyone gives me trouble I'd say this and show them my receipt from the gun purchase.... Problem is people at say Wally world are idiots and don't know that there are handgun caliber rifles out there...

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Often, when purchasing ammo, my 8 year old is with me...I have never, ever been questioned, harrassed, impeded, or in any other way slowed down in my ammo purchase (unless you count the time I have had to wait for the monkey with they key to open the case).

I live in Arizona too...and there is no law, local, state. or federal in AZ that prohibits a parent/guardian from purchasing ammo. It sounds like a case of someone ignorant of the law trying to legislate or interpret the law from their lofty education as a Wally World associate.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #20

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

When I was 18, I got "carded" for .44 mag ammo. I tried to tell the person it was for a carbine rifle. They claimed there was no such thing....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.