The real reason for gunwalker/gunrunner - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The real reason for gunwalker/gunrunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
C2,

Keep in mind the Spin Machine is maxed out - both in the anti-gun and government camps - right about now. We're going to see a lot of factoids popping up in MSM "stories" - that are pretty much PRs - from these groups. Its a face-saving manuver as the MSM hasn't studiously ignored all the blood in the water from Rep. Issa's HCGR hearings and its consequential impact.

Its emerging "gun walking" (a sobriquet created by Mr. D. Codrea of Examiner), is/has taken place in CA, NM, TX and FL (and perhaps other states). The FL connection may prove the most damaging as it has ties to Honduras where, you might recall, USAG Holder spoke on the subject of contraband guns in March of '09 . What remains questionable is the purpose of what are essentially small-scale buys of very expensive weapons.

The Cartels have billions in assets. They have business/criminal connections worldwide. They have heavy transport aircraft, ships, even submarines. As noted by others here, they can purchase all sorts of light infantry weapons on the world market for a far cheaper per unit cost. Its also known a very large number of the weapons seized by the Mexican government are traceable to USDOS sales to various governments in Central America and Mexico. But we haven't heard anything about this issue from our own government. In short, a hairy connundrum. So let's shave it with Occam's Razor.

The cartels have a vested interest in keeping their supply lines direct, cheap and secure. OFF/GW meets none of those criterium. No one can argue the Cartels don't act - often with lethality - in their own best interests.

OTOH, gun contol/prohibition groups worldwide have a vested interest in creating situations supportive of their pogrom of private disarmament. Our President recently assured Sarah Brady he was working "under the radar" on gun control. He and USAG Holder both made statements supportive of finding ways to enhance gun control at least as far back as 3/09. The President has a long "anti-gun" history, being a past board member of the Joyce Foundation, and voting for every anti-gun measure that came his way as a member of the IL legislature. His administration has been characterized by a series of executive fiats and actions of dubious legality. So creating a scenario furthering his objectives is more reasonable than un. Plus, he had a ready-made vehicle from his predecessor's administration.

Operation Fast and Furious was created during the G. H. Bush administration. The former President apparently took personal interest in stopping the southward flow of arms. During this phase straw purchasers were prosecuted and guns interdicted. But what better sitution could the Obama Administration be handed ? All they had to do was order field agents not to interdict the guns, thereby insuring increased trafficing and mayhem on both sides of the border, while going through standard investigative motions. Now here I'm just guessing, but its reported ATF agents were ignorant of other players on the field. FBI and DHS played a role in financing and developing "snitiches" making the straw purchases and handing over the guns to others. Both of these threads lead back to DOJ and AG Holder; the same Holder that testified to Rep. Issa's committee he had "no direct knowledge" of OFF and PGW.

Y'all can connect the dots. >MW
Well said and well written, sir! +1

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Holder Bragged About Project Gunrunner in 2009

By Barbara Hollingsworth, Washington Examiner

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

But Big Government found a 2009 speech by Holder on the Department of Justice's own website that proves the attorney general was well aware of Operation Gunrunner back in 2009:

…at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Holder not only acknowledged the program, he bragged that he was in the process of expanding it:

"Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail."

Read more: Holder Bragged About Project Gunrunner in 2009 - Mexico - Fox Nation
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

What I'd like to see/find is a statistical survey banging the caliber/make/model of guns "walked" against the "hit list" of anti-gun prohibitionists. I'll bet a long bill there's a "one for one" correspondence !

If that comparison "proves out" its pretty much damning evidence the sole purpose of Operation Fast and Furious, aka Project Gun Walker was to create an atmosphere conducive to further restrictions on gun purchases by Americans. Its increasingly apparent these "gun walks" were conducted in contempt of federal law on gun exports and the known effect upon Mexican citizens.

But there can be other scenarios in play south of our border senior ATF/FBI/DHS personnel could be aware of. What if they were selling these arms to citizens/orgs resisting the persecutions of the Cartels ? It certainly fits the "onesy/twosey style of purchase. And it would serve as the perfect OUT for the Obama Administration to obsfuscate this whole issue. Could that be a possible ploy for the DOJ erecting the "smoke screen" its displayed to Rep. Issa's Committee ?

Jest wonderin' >MW

Old 07-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

I am beginning to think that Operation GUNWALKER could have been an elaborate scheme and ploy to implement stricter gun laws in a round about way. I saw on the news this morning due to the situation in Mexico that OUR GOVERNMENT created, as usuall has cost the lives of several border agents and others... Someone like Eric Holder for a prime example and the group needs to be 100% accountable for their stupidity and botching up such a critical operation and the deaths of the border officers. Or as I stated maybe it was not a botch up at all? They are now proposing that if anyone buys two or more ARs for example, or Receivers I might add, it must be immediately reported to the ATF!
That means as a law abiding citizen if I buy one for myself and one for my grandson I am reported immediately to the ATF. GO FIGURE!
Another attack on our second amendment rights!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #15

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Holder, osamabama needs to share a cell with bubba for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

opaww,

I will second that!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #17

I'm glad this was exposed and people are now waking up to these false flag operations by the government

Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg1520 View Post
I'm glad this was exposed and people are now waking up to these false flag operations by the government
Where on the network news did you see or hear this information to the extent it should be exposed? Are we preaching to the choir again? We all know the present bag of wind that resides in the white house gets a free pass on everything. It seems he takes his direction of rule from Hugo Chavez. When ABC,NBC<and CBS start to pound on this then we know we have a chance, until then the lefty lemmings just crawl along behind his highness.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

We also know, GC, any criticism - no matter how deserved - of our President brings out a sh*t storm of "race cards", as witness recent remarks by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee (D) TX.

We'll know the Demoncrats have "hit the wall" when they start playing the "race card" for Holder and the President over this issue ! >MW

Last edited by Millwright; 07-17-2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: more vitrol added

Old 07-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #20

Liked 2512 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

I don't mean to sound obtuse, but why/how does irresponsible actions by

Mexicans show we're irresponsible with guns?

Federal agencies have shown they're pretty irresponsible with guns,

but nobody's shoving gun control laws down their throats...