Re-milling a demilled - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Re-milling a demilled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I have always wanted one of the tillery pieces that sit out front of the national guards office . I will own one one day , dont care if it shoots or not . I have always wondered how some of these guys get they naval turrets guns and other large pieces , Did the get them thru the buddy system back in the day or what ? I see a few on gunbroker from time to time for like 50k . And from my understanding from one of my older post that if its over .50 and NOT rifled then its ok .
BTW did anyone see the three saiga 12s they turned into the gattlin gun ? lmao how about those mags hanging out spinning a 100mph ? I was waiting for one to go airborn lol

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #12

Liked 92 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Mobile, sorry, that is not funny!! Not even in jest. Bad form!

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 09-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Mobile, sorry, that is not funny!! Not even in jest. Bad form!
Thats how I think . Dont like it the dont read any of my post . Simple but thanks for your input there is a kite that needs to be flown some where

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
BTW did anyone see the three saiga 12s they turned into the gattlin gun ? lmao how about those mags hanging out spinning a 100mph ? I was waiting for one to go airborn lol
I as well was waiting for one of those magazines to go flying from that silly contraption.

BTW I think your form is fine

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #15

Liked 92 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Excuse me for trying to politely say that statements like that could land you in a very small room with some unpleasant people. Off to fly my kite.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

you can restore a demilled arm to service. if it shoots a cartridge type ammo or cannon type it falls under the building a gun rule so you need to be a licensed firearms builder. a cannon such as 20mm in question falls under destructive device nfa rules so would require a sot license to bring to full functional status.

a demilled fullauto also falls under nfa rules in constructing a new full auto arm. so only police agencies and military can commission a restore of a demilled full auto that is not on the pre-1986 transferable nfa registry book.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #17

I think it would be cool to be able to own full autos that fire blanks and in now way be converted and the firing mechs could not be interchanged . ON a different topic I meet some guys at the dixe show with some old german machine guns that fired off propane or the like , claims were that they sounded like the real deal but were difficult to construct . Anyone heard of what I just said ?
Sons of guns .... How many of you have put your arrows into 410 shells ??? lmao you know some redneck is doing that right now

Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9146 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Bill- I believe you are correct- IF you are building that 20mm DD for yourself. If it is for sale, you need a Type 10 FFL, and an SOT 2. Build a DD with an explosive component, you also need a 20- manufacturer of explosives.

However, when I was building those sort of things, I was wearing a green shirt, and did not have to worry about the legality of it. Anyone doing this while NOT a member of the Armed Forces, I would urge to consult the ATF Firearms Tech Branch over in Martinsburg WV.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I think it would be cool to be able to own full autos that fire blanks and in now way be converted and the firing mechs could not be interchanged . ON a different topic I meet some guys at the dixe show with some old german machine guns that fired off propane or the like , claims were that they sounded like the real deal but were difficult to construct . Anyone heard of what I just said ?
Sons of guns .... How many of you have put your arrows into 410 shells ??? lmao you know some redneck is doing that right now
the army used or may still use machine gun simulators that work off propane and sound fairly realistic. the basic training i went thru used them some 15 odd years ago

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #20

Got a feeling if tried to make my own machine gun simulator it would end up a flame thrower . Well that would be ok too