Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Re-election fear driving gun sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

Default Re-election fear driving gun sales

Interesting article from the star-telegram. Has comments from owner of Cheaper Than Dirt. The writing is on the wall, the current crop of Republicans are not trustworthy.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/03/3781758/some-say-re-election-fear-is-driving.html

"Look who the Republicans are trying to put against Obama," he said. "It's the Keystone Kops and people are getting scared. People are terrified he's going to get re-elected and then he won't care about getting votes next time. He'll just pass whatever legislation he wants."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #2

Very interesting article!!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #3

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Obviously the GOP didn't get the message that was so clearly sent to the Dem's back in 10'. I have said it for a long time now, if the GOP just puts up the same old status quo candidate they will not get my vote

The current POTUS is worthless and as far as I can tell the GOP is setting themselves up to put up someone just as worthless. I'll write in Ron Paul or vote for whatever independent is on the ticket just as I have been doing the past 2 elections.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #4

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's unfortunate that the current crop of GOP candidates seem to be more concerned with ripping each other new ones rather than concentrating on the issues. Sure they make a few comments here and there during debates but it's more mudslinging than anything else...which has been the status quo for the last several elections.

Also, A$$Holder's comment gets the B.S. flag thrown:

Quote:
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has said the Obama administration "has consistently favored the reinstitution of the assault weapons ban. It is something that we think was useful in the past with regard to the reduction that we've seen in crime and certainly would have a positive impact on our relationship and the crime situation in Mexico."