Raising kids while wearing guns

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Raising kids while wearing guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default Raising kids while wearing guns

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/20131214/firearms-in-the-family-raising-kids-while-wearing-guns-on-their-hips

Teaching their children to shoot and respect guns came naturally to Anesi and Herman, who were taught to shoot as kids.

It’s like teaching them anything else about safety, Herman said: You teach children not to touch a stove because it’s hot; you teach them to wear a seatbelt in the car; and you teach them about guns because they can be deadly if mishandled.

“Education is extremely important” to defeat the fear of an inanimate object, like a gun, Herman said.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #2

Liked 1463 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 339

In the deep South, living in a rural area, if we were going hunting with a friend after school, we were allowed to bring our shotguns on the bus to school, where they would reside in the principal's office until school was out. I never knew of anyone who was accidently shot....it was not allowed....

I remember a school magazine sells drive where the student selling the most subscriptions won a 30-30.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

locutus Likes This 
Old 08-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5757 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
In the deep South, living in a rural area, if we were going hunting with a friend after school, we were allowed to bring our shotguns on the bus to school, where they would reside in the principal's office until school was out. I never knew of anyone who was accidently shot....it was not allowed....

I remember a school magazine sells drive where the student selling the most subscriptions won a 30-30.
It was the same way out here.

And before all pickup trucks were "crew cabs" they all had a rifle in the back window. Lotsa .30-30s, K98s and 1903A3s, but a few M1As and AR-15s as well.

Winston Churchill

Old 08-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 754 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

I remember the same, we also had folding Buck knives on our belts in school. We even had a shooting range (22 LR) in the basement of the school.

To bad you and your beloved Democrat Party have put the kibosh to all this.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #5
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1022 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
I remember the same, we also had folding Buck knives on our belts in school. We even had a shooting range (22 LR) in the basement of the school.

To bad you and your beloved Democrat Party have put the kibosh to all this.
Isn't that the truth, a poptart in the shape of a gun will get hauled off now.