Raise your hand: How many of you are impotent?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Raise your hand: How many of you are impotent?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Exclamation Raise your hand: How many of you are impotent?

We all do it.

It's easy and it makes us feel better.

But does it do any good?

One phrase I always keep in mind is, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." What that means is that if you don't actively do something to help out, you are making things worse. You can't sit on the sidelines because doing nothing is adding to the problem. There is no neutral.

So we come to the forum and bitch to each other about gun control and politicians. We even watch videos on Youtube that make us feel superior. We complain that we can't find ammo.

'Fess up - who here has written a letter to their senator? Who has e-mailed their congressman? Joined the NRA? Or if you're already a member, sent a donation? Even if your representatives are pro-gun, write to tell them that you back them and expect them to keep protecting your Constitutional rights.

Here's a biggie: Anyone organize an educational shoot? Grab a friend, family member, co-worker or anyone and invite them to the range. Show them that gun owners are not crazy idiots. Buy them lunch afterwards and talk about the media misrepresentation and hype. Get with your local NRA chapter and see if you can volunteer to help. You can even buy fact pamphlets from NRA or 2nd Amendment Foundation and distribute 1,000 around Wal-Mart or the mall parking lot.

Until we quit consoling each other and turn some of our efforts outward, the anti-gunners will keep making progress. Take 15 minutes this weekend and do SOMETHING that is out in the middle of this battle. It's amazing how good it makes you feel.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10720 Times on 4641 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Find a politician at State level that you like. Support them- and let hem know why you support them. Running for election/ re-election, volunteer. Answer phones, stuff envelopes.
People Like This 
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #3

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Impotent? I bought a new suit so I could look impotent. If you're gonna be impotent ya gotta look impotent

I actually shoot with one of my reps in the HOR when he's not in D.C. So he hears a lot form me. He also gets calls, emails as I get more and more ticked off.
Other reps and senators both federal and state get mail both electronic and snail mail as well as calls.
I've been a member of the NRA for a long time even though I am not real happy with them they still are better than nothing. And they are the biggest game in town when it comes to gun rights so I don't mind giving them some money when I have it.

It's also important to at least try and wake up a sheeple form time to time. I kind of feel like one of those door knocking Babtists but when I hear stupid while I'm out amoungst the masses I just can't not keep my mouth shut.

I'm a disabled guy with a lot of free time on my hands and several ways to be online and on the phone even when I'm laid up in bed. When it comes to rights no matter what right I feel is being trampled at the moment I feel it;'s a responsibility to try. I don't want ot reach the clearing at the end of my path and be able to say I didn't try to be a good person as well as a good American. And I do not take me freedom for granted. Nothing is free..Especially freedom.

Now excuse me..I need to put on my new suit.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7967 Times on 4358 Posts
Likes Given: 7696

And how many set aside $10 or more every payday to donate to a pro gun candidate next election??????

And if all of the candidates in your area are already pro-gun, such as here in Wyoming, how many will research the candidates in a neighboring states and donate to them??

Or at least they did before political correctness
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

even support those at a local city and county level. i supported the the candidate for sheriff in the last election, because he was more pro-gun than the incumbent sheriff. he didn't win, but i voted for him. i put up posters in my yard and told others to vote for him.

when it's time to renew your NRA membership, consider upgrading it. i plan on doing this as well. join your state pro-gun organizations if they have one.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1338 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 250

In MI we have an extremely important case going to the State Supreme Court. Several people that committed to financially support the appeal backed out of the commitment. Sometime this weekend I'm going to send the group some additional funds.
gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm not impotent and I'll provide pics to prove it.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I'm not impotent and I'll provide pics to prove it.
please don't!
People Like This 
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #9

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Can I raise my hand for someone ELSE being impotent?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Can I raise my hand for someone ELSE being impotent?
just curious as to who you are refering to.