Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   A quick and dirty guide to putting gun grabbers in their place (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/quick-dirty-guide-putting-gun-grabbers-their-place-81193/)

Daoust_Nat 01-13-2013 05:17 PM

A quick and dirty guide to putting gun grabbers in their place

An interesting read. Might work if any libs were interested in listening to anything anyone opposed to them has to say.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/a-quick-and-dirty-guide-to-putting-gun-grabbers-in-their-place-part-i/#ixzz2Ha4AUNo1

Chainfire 01-13-2013 06:18 PM

Some folks just don't understand the other side. Lets see if I can clarify.

Liberals, gun-haters,grabbers or what ever you want to call them don't give a dirty damn about the definition of an "assault weapon". They see that you can shoot thirty times in twenty seconds and don't really care how many times you pull the trigger. They will probably tell you that "assault" means to attack and weapon is the tool you use to do it.

They don't care about the difference in a "magazine" and a "clip". Neither do they care about whether a weapon used to commit a mass murder was a Bushmaster or an 870, or a Ryder truck.

Liberals do not believe that the founding fathers meant to create a sucidal government that could change at the whim of a minority of people weilding weapons. They would prefer that people who do believe that would not own guns.

Liberals believe that Diane makes more sense they Wayne. They believe CBS is news and Fox is entertainment.

Liberals believe that Rush and Glenn are the highs priests of the religion of ignorance and propaganda.

Most liberals, even those who do not own guns, would like to think that the people who own weapons dont' act like paranoid anti-American a$$hats like Yeager. Even if they don't like hunting, they understand that some people need to kill things to be happy; they would prefer that it not be first graders, or movie goers.

I hope this helps.

1911love 01-14-2013 02:28 AM

Good find. Please update when the second part comes out.

BigB 01-14-2013 03:04 AM

Good stuff!!!!

TankTop 01-14-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1091996)

Most liberals, even those who do not own guns, would like to think that the people who own weapons dont' act like paranoid anti-American a$$hats like Yeager. Even if they don't like hunting, they understand that some people need to kill things to be happy; they would prefer that it not be first graders, or movie goers.

I hope this helps.

Here is the weakness of your argument, it almost takes on the form of a racial slur and paints tens of millions of Americans into some non existent picture. If gun toting bible thumping Americans were actually acting like asshats then, well let's not think about that. The fact is that the media is assisting the government in a campaign against a non existent threat. They are telling stories of little red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf to keep people in line...

tCan 01-14-2013 05:47 AM

Hanging the discomforts of the first amendment over the heads of gun owners is a good way to get yourself shot. A little bit like cheating in poker.

CA357 01-14-2013 05:57 AM

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” ... Samuel Adams

Molon Labe!

rjd3282 01-14-2013 08:58 AM

What's the matter chain, are liberals the only ones who get to act like asshats? Are liberals the only ones who don't have to be tolerant? All you have to do is look and you can see that the more this country goes to the left the worse things get. I'd like to see things from your point of view chain but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

TankTop 01-15-2013 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ponder this for a moment....

Attachment 79793

CrazedJava 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Ignore Chainfire's comments at your own peril. Before you debate an enemy you need to understand an enemy. People who hate guns do not care about definitions that gun rights advocates hold sacred. Getting into a semantic argument about clips versus magazines is a loser issue.

You're going to have to beat them down with logic, but you need to focus on what matters. Crime statistics, lawful use, rational arguments. Semantic arguments are worthless.

Trust me on this. I am a former liberal, Democrat, and gun control advocate.