Question for you guys
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Question for you guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Default Question for you guys

I'm from Connecticut an have tried to order a lower parts kit from psa, they said they can't ship to ct because of the new laws just enacted. Now I know they are covering their own ass but what do you think about shipping to another state and then having a person there ship it to me in ct.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter
I'm from Connecticut an have tried to order a lower parts kit from psa, they said they can't ship to ct because of the new laws just enacted. Now I know they are covering their own ass but what do you think about shipping to another state and then having a person there ship it to me in ct.
If the parts are legal under the new laws there's no problem. Parts are parts there's no firearm involved. If CT specifically bans the importation of the parts that is still an issue.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #3

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 56

If that lower has a serial number on it, it is considered to be a firearm. Shipping the kit from a straw buyer in another state might get someone in trouble.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #4

That's the part that gets tricky. I know you can't import lowers or hi cap mags, but no where have I found that it says you can't import parts.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner
If that lower has a serial number on it, it is considered to be a firearm. Shipping the kit from a straw buyer in another state might get someone in trouble.
I already have the lower. This is just the parts kit.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Parts kits should be fine. order 5 if you want. Either you or they may have misinterpreted what was supposed to happen. If you have the lower, that's the firearm. I'm aware of no legislation that prohibits parts, even in Ct. It may have to do with additional forms that they just don't want to fill out. Or it's just their way of protest.

Peaked my curiosity though

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #7

Liked 493 Times on 337 Posts

Gotta remember some distributors are not shipping two states that have extreme gun bans. Their way of protesting and I support. Just like some are moving out of said States

Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #8

PSA said they can not ship to Connecticut due to the new laws, and that their lawyers have looked into it and they aren't sure if it is legal or not. I personally think they are just covering their own a$$. I called LGS and they don't have any kits, I asked about shipping to ct from different state and they said it is legal

Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Why come on the internet and let your plans be known????
Just do what you must do to remain FREE!!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!