Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Question for you guys (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/question-you-guys-88672/)

ctshooter 04-12-2013 05:15 PM

Question for you guys

I'm from Connecticut an have tried to order a lower parts kit from psa, they said they can't ship to ct because of the new laws just enacted. Now I know they are covering their own ass but what do you think about shipping to another state and then having a person there ship it to me in ct.

Jpyle 04-12-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter
I'm from Connecticut an have tried to order a lower parts kit from psa, they said they can't ship to ct because of the new laws just enacted. Now I know they are covering their own ass but what do you think about shipping to another state and then having a person there ship it to me in ct.

If the parts are legal under the new laws there's no problem. Parts are parts there's no firearm involved. If CT specifically bans the importation of the parts that is still an issue.

JWagner 04-12-2013 05:39 PM

If that lower has a serial number on it, it is considered to be a firearm. Shipping the kit from a straw buyer in another state might get someone in trouble.

ctshooter 04-12-2013 05:40 PM

That's the part that gets tricky. I know you can't import lowers or hi cap mags, but no where have I found that it says you can't import parts.

ctshooter 04-12-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWagner
If that lower has a serial number on it, it is considered to be a firearm. Shipping the kit from a straw buyer in another state might get someone in trouble.

I already have the lower. This is just the parts kit.

Cattledog 04-12-2013 05:49 PM

Parts kits should be fine. order 5 if you want. Either you or they may have misinterpreted what was supposed to happen. If you have the lower, that's the firearm. I'm aware of no legislation that prohibits parts, even in Ct. It may have to do with additional forms that they just don't want to fill out. Or it's just their way of protest.

Peaked my curiosity though

Ez2b 04-12-2013 06:04 PM

Gotta remember some distributors are not shipping two states that have extreme gun bans. Their way of protesting and I support. Just like some are moving out of said States

ctshooter 04-12-2013 06:24 PM

PSA said they can not ship to Connecticut due to the new laws, and that their lawyers have looked into it and they aren't sure if it is legal or not. I personally think they are just covering their own a$$. I called LGS and they don't have any kits, I asked about shipping to ct from different state and they said it is legal

JimRau 04-12-2013 06:26 PM

Why come on the internet and let your plans be known????:confused:
Just do what you must do to remain FREE!!!!!;)