question regarding school zone

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > question regarding school zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default question regarding school zone

I currently have a ffl. I am looking to move into a building and out of my home. I have submitted the required form for the change of license address. The question I have is my building is 1350 feet away from a elementary school. Also I have a daycare next door. Now I am not in city limits but covered by county. The zoning board says that there is no issue with that that reatil is retail. Can someone explain the school zone law.? Cause how i read it is that you can be within the 1000 feet just the guns leaving the store have to be unloaded and locked in a case. ? How is the ATF gonna look at this.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Your best bet would be to call the atf and ask.
Wouldn't any 'just sold' guns be unloaded and locked anyway?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #3

have tried he takes forever to call back.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I would keep trying. If your good on the county zoning laws you should be ok.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #5

I would like to hope so but you know how federal laws are. Very differnt than city and state. Oh well I want to be good with the ATF I know who butters my bread.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It would definitely suck to make the move and be denied. Keep calling.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #7

worse than you know.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning54 View Post
I currently have a ffl. I am looking to move into a building and out of my home. I have submitted the required form for the change of license address. The question I have is my building is 1350 feet away from a elementary school. Also I have a daycare next door. Now I am not in city limits but covered by county. The zoning board says that there is no issue with that that reatil is retail. Can someone explain the school zone law.? Cause how i read it is that you can be within the 1000 feet just the guns leaving the store have to be unloaded and locked in a case. ? How is the ATF gonna look at this.
Can't answer you question but when you get one, get it in writing. 100% chance that the minute you hang your shingle someone will complain about a gunshop being too close to a school. Having a written response will at least give you a chance of recovering your investment when the zoning board caves to the pressure and shuts you down.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington