Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A question for fellow activists??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1836 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
JimRau,
You really need to read those Bible verses and do some serious self-reflecting. I see some hostility in your post. Your blood pressure is probably sky high. I don't want anything to happen to you my friend as this has been the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on in years. And what about that punctuation problem? You are not learning. We need to bring that grade up. BTW, that Jimmy Carter quote is really getting to you isn't it?
ct
No I don't need to read anything you suggest. My blood pressure is textbook and as always has been that way. You insist on trying to belittle and talk down to me and get under my skin, but are wasting your time. You must not have been paying attention. I spent two tours in RVN and 30 years on the street (the mud, the blood, and the beer) and I certainly don't let anything you or any other progressive says bother me, as that is one the tactics you/they use to try and keep the attention off the real problem, which is the progressive agenda. I would expect no less from a self proclaimed progressive and Obama supporter. Or did you just ignore the question in hopes it would be overshadowed but you're putting me down and acting silly??? Your silliness is just that. Nice try though.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5499 Times on 3114 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Jim, I agree that Obama and many of his inner sitcle are3 extremists..

But most of the members of the congress, conservatives, moderates and yes, even many of the liberals are not extremists.

Eric Holder, Owe-Bozo, Hillary, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Alex Jones, those are the extremists.

I don't like John McCain or "Chris" Christie, they are far too liberal for me. but I certainly wouldn't lump them in with Charlie Rangel or Holder.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If you could focus on your original post rather than continuing your pissing match with Cottontop then perhaps we might get somewhere. Which one would you prefer to do? Pick a lane.

Your use of SPE is disingenuous. You are labeling a small percentage of the anti-gunners as our adversaries and that is foolish IMO. Anti-gunners are from all over the spectrum. There are religious conservatives who are anti-gunners. You are a damned fool to discount even one of them in fighting our battle. Also, these SPE's actually rejoice in receiving your attacks. It actually strengthens their resolve.
You are correct I should ignore the troll. But he has been directing his posts directly to me so I feel some responsibility to answer him. By bad.

My post had nothing to do directly with 'anti gunners'. They are a part of the problem but we must realize the progressives MUST either control or eliminate our GOD (They attack organized religion, especially Christianity, because they know 'believers' will not except the 'state' as their saviour), our GUNS (as long as we are given access to 'arms' it will be very hard for them to physically control those whom they can't indoctrinate, and intimidate), and our GOLD (they are using the EPA (and other bureaucracies) and the Green BS to make us dependent on them and wreck the economy and Obamacare to wreck the economy and require us to submit to their authority in our most private matters).
So the anti gunners are a problem, but they only a part of the problem. We need to focus on ALL parts of this problem and not put on blinders and live in denial of the rest of this BIG problem!!!
I don't 'discount' anyone in this fight and it is a fight!!! But I do not see any use in just being active in one area of the problem because this is a much LARGER problem than most people will admit. How does it go "Ignorance is bliss"!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jim, I agree that Obama and many of his inner sitcle are3 extremists..

But most of the members of the congress, conservatives, moderates and yes, even many of the liberals are not extremists.

Eric Holder, Owe-Bozo, Hillary, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Alex Jones, those are the extremists.

I don't like John McCain or "Chris" Christie, they are far too liberal for me. but I certainly wouldn't lump them in with Charlie Rangel or Holder.
Roger that. As I said it is not 'black and white'. It is a matter of degree. McCain is an example of this, he is a (R) but he is a progressive, as is Christie.
Like I said when we chose who to 'give' our vote to someone we need to look at those, regardless of party affiliation, who are not 'progressive' in the their ACTIONS. You can forget what comes out of their mouths so consider only their:
Voting records,
Background,
Associates
This will give you fair indication of where the really stand. If the progressive side outweighs the traditionalist side shy away for them. Most, but not all, are very obvious.
What we need to do is start at the grassroots (local) level controlling the narrative and hopefully it will work it's way up!

Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 09:29 PM.
cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5499 Times on 3114 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
What we need to do is start at the grassroots (local) level controlling the narrative and hopefully it will work it's way up!
I agree. but always remember the uncommitted 50 percent.

We need to control the narrative in a positive, and polite manner.

Saying, "I'm not sure you understood what I meant," will go a much longer way toward controlling the conversation than saying; "man you sure are stupid commie prick."

Or like old uncle Harold said: "It aint jes' whatcha say, Bubba, it's how ya say it."

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I agree. but always remember the uncommitted 50 percent.

We need to control the narrative in a positive, and polite manner.

Saying, "I'm not sure you understood what I meant," will go a much longer way toward controlling the conversation than saying; "man you sure are stupid commie prick."

Or like old uncle Harold said: "It aint jes' whatcha say, Bubba, it's how ya say it."
You are not telling me anything I don't know and practice on a daily basis. You're preaching to the choir! Plus, I will ignore the troll in the future!
BUT on that note we still MUST challenge the progressive narrative EVERY TIME we have the chance!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #27

I just want everyone to know who the actual troll is. I sent Mr. JR a pm a while back saying that we should stop all of this back and forth nonsense posting. We both agreed that we would not post on each other's posts anymore. Well, it wasn't long before he broke his promise and started another on the forum duel. If that wasn't bad enough, he sent a pm saying that he had more likes than me so that proved that he was right and I was wrong. He has invented a persona of me that doesn't exist. I am sure that I am nothing like he envisions me. I am a member of a racial minority group and I voted for a lesser known 3rd party candidate. I am nothing like he is trying to portray me. He just despises me because I proved him wrong a while back and he can't stand it. He is on a power trip. Because he is a former cop, I can understand why. He has always had people bow down to him and when I won't he can't stand it. He has to win. I have nothing against him; I just find it very odd that a grown man would keep falling for my little road blocks and just keep right on with the same old trivia. He says he will not answer anymore of my posts so let's see if he can keep his word. I am done with it. Life is too short to waste on such endeavors.
ct

Last edited by cottontop; 08-05-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additional verbage

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #28

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Im glad you guys tried to work things out peacefully, but that didnt work. Either just ignore eachother or talk to a mod or notdoku. Nobody wants to read your guys' crap anymore. Pretty soon everyone will ignore you regardless of the subject. Please. Please. Please stop.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8055 Times on 4649 Posts
Likes Given: 10400

JimRau has picked his lane, more or less. I saw my exit a ways back. In parting from this thread I will say that you, JimRau, are in my opinion, the wrong one here.

Adios.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I just want everyone to know who the actual troll is. I sent Mr. JR a pm a while back saying that we should stop all of this back and forth nonsense posting. We both agreed that we would not post on each other's posts anymore. Well, it wasn't long before he broke his promise and started another on the forum duel. If that wasn't bad enough, he sent a pm saying that he had more likes than me so that proved that he was right and I was wrong. He has invented a persona of me that doesn't exist. I am sure that I am nothing like he envisions me. I am a member of a racial minority group and I voted for a lesser known 3rd party candidate. I am nothing like he is trying to portray me. He just despises me because I proved him wrong a while back and he can't stand it. He is on a power trip. Because he is a former cop, I can understand why. He has always had people bow down to him and when I won't he can't stand it. He has to win. I have nothing against him; I just find it very odd that a grown man would keep falling for my little road blocks and just keep right on with the same old trivia. He says he will not answer anymore of my posts so let's see if he can keep his word. I am done with it. Life is too short to waste on such endeavors.
ct
Ignore!!!