A question for fellow activists?? - Page 2


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A question for fellow activists??

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,196
Liked 6549 Times on 3651 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

Default

[quote=JimRau;1326814]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad;1326278
[quote
[B
I am sorry if you think this was a little over the op, but what I see going on in this country right now is over the top and we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so we need to 'put up or shut up'!
[/B]


And that's the problem, Jim.

"We" are about 30 percent of the population. What you call the SPEs are about 20 percent.

If we alienate the other 50 percent, by talking fanatical trash and offensive, childish name calling, we lose.

When you call real moderates and conservatives "flaming liberals" and "SPE" because they disagree with you on one single issue, or by your "extreme" methods, or your highly inflammatory language, you're doing exactly what the real liberals hope for. You're alienating the "other 50 percent."

Neither side can win without the support of the uncommitted 50 percent. Piss them off and we lose.


locutus is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[quote=JimRau;1326814][quote=Vikingdad;1326278]In short I agree with Missouribound.



I think so, but it gets a little lost in the vitriol.

Quote:
and agree with it?

Thank you for your post.
Let me say I was 'confrontational' on purpose. Many who do not agree with the present state of our country/government have been using one excuse or another for not 'getting involved'! SO what I was trying to do is to give those who believe the SPE's (SPE's is the proper term so I will continue to use the term, the only ones who are offended by this are the SPE's because they don't like the fact we have correctly labeled them) are in control as I do, a gentle 'kick in the pants' to make them 'think' about what is going on and why and to 'get involved'!
What I do is look at a 'problem' from a cause and effect standpoint and try to come up with a course of action which will help to solve the problem.
In this case the problem is the SPE's domination of 75+% of our Federal government and many of our state and local governments.
How did this happen?? It started about 100 years ago and because we have allowed the SPE's to control most of the narrative they have been very successful at controlling the conversation and have been successful at indoctrinating and controlling many people! (they call them 'useful idiots')
If you will notice one poster did not like what I had to say. This poster is self a proclaimed Secular Progressive. He did not counter what I said with any intelligent response, but attacked me calling me closed minded, ignorant, illiterate and a bigot. I expected this to happen as I have been calling out the SPE's for MANY years and this is their standard response/tactic. SPE's think they are 'better' than we are therefore they know what is 'best' for us inferior beings. For some reason I take offence at this attitude!
I am sorry if you think this was a little over the top, but what I see going on in this country right now is over the top and we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so NOW is the time we MUST 'put up or shut up'!

Oh good grief. Get a life.
BTW, will you please stop putting quotation marks INSIDE the end punctuation and commas? That is driving the English teacher in me crazy. If you are so literate, then write like it. I would have to give the above paragraph a D-. Consider the following corrections from your last sentence: ...we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so NOW is the time we MUST 'put up or shut up'!

It should read as follows (the corrected version):...we are about to reach a "point of no return," so NOW is the time we MUST "put up or shut up !"
Note that single quotes should not be used as they are only used for a quote within a quote, and you are not quoting anything. Make these corrections and I will raise your grade.
ct


__________________

Last edited by cottontop; 08-05-2013 at 04:18 PM.
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,152
Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Default

[quote=locutus;1326829]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
[/B]


And that's the problem, Jim.

"We" are about 30 percent of the population. What you call the SPEs are about 20 percent.

If we alienate the other 50 percent, by talking fanatical trash and offensive, childish name calling, we lose.

When you call real moderates and conservatives "flaming liberals" and "SPE" because they disagree with you on one single issue, or by your "extreme" methods, or your highly inflammatory language, you're doing exactly what the real liberals hope for. You're alienating the "other 50 percent."

Neither side can win without the support of the uncommitted 50 percent. Piss them off and we lose.
Thank you for your response.

I guess you did not read what I said. I did not call anyone a SPE until he showed he was.
So you say the term "SPE" alienates moderates and conservatives??
Please explain why it would be a problem for them.

Do you dispute that Barry Obama and most of his appointees are SPE's?????
I suggest that we need to stop using the 'D and R' and the 'C and L' labels and just look for the traditionalists and the progressives among us, as they cross all the other lines!!!

I don't see where anything I said was not true and realistic.
Is the problem not as I described? Is the method they used and I described not true? Is the solution I proposed not the correct one?
Please tell me what you call 'vitriol'!! Until the troll arrived I did not see any 'vitriol'!
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!


Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.
JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,152
Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Default

[quote=cottontop;1326834][quote=JimRau;1326814]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
In short I agree with Missouribound.



I think so, but it gets a little lost in the vitriol.




Oh good grief. Get a life.
BTW, will you please stop putting quotation marks INSIDE the end punctuation and commas? That is driving the English teacher in me crazy. If you are so literate, then write like it. I would have to give the above paragraph a D-. Consider the following corrections from your last sentence: ...we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so NOW is the time we MUST 'put up or shut up'!

It should read as follows (the corrected version):...we are about to reach a "point of no return," so NOW is the time we MUST "put up or shut up !"
Note that single quotes should not be used as they are only used for a quote within a quote, and you are not quoting anything. Make these corrections and I will raise your grade.
ct
I know you are the superior/perfect one here CT (according to you anyway)
But I have no intention to change my ways to yours, no more than I will change my way to Obama's!
Sorry you can't except the fact that the rest of us here are as good, if not better, as you. Have a nice day, if you can!

Just curious, prior to your arrival, where is this 'vitriol' you refer to?????
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!


Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
JimRau is offline  
cottontop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To JimRau:
You keep saying that I am a self professed "secular progressive." (notice that the end punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks.) When did I ever say that? I believe that in a pm I said I was a progressive, meaning that I am for progress; not by your definition of progressive. If it wasn't for progress, we would still be in the horse and buggy days. I thought we could not discuss religion on the forum, but you have opened the doors by throwing around the term "secular." I was once a Baptist preacher, many years ago before I started teaching. I was associate pastor of the Gracemont Baptist Church in Marysville, Michigan, and later educational director and music director of the Pine Grove Baptist Church in Mulberry, Florida. I assume you are a religious man because of your constant use of the word "secular." I would like you to get your Bible and look up the following verses: John 8:7, and Romans 3:23. After reading them, decide if you have been participating in Christian behavior.
ct

__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,152
Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
To JimRau:
You keep saying that I am a self professed "secular progressive." (notice that the end punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks.) When did I ever say that? I believe that in a pm I said I was a progressive, meaning that I am for progress; not by your definition of progressive. If it wasn't for progress, we would still be in the horse and buggy days. I thought we could not discuss religion on the forum, but you have opened the doors by throwing around the term "secular." I was once a Baptist preacher, many years ago before I started teaching. I was associate pastor of the Gracemont Baptist Church in Marysville, Michigan, and later educational director and music director of the Pine Grove Baptist Church in Mulberry, Florida. I assume you are a religious man because of your constant use of the word "secular." I would like you to get your Bible and look up the following verses: John 8:7, and Romans 3:23. After reading them, decide if you have been participating in Christian behavior.
ct
Do you support the Obama Administration????(please answer this question with a yes or no, don't try to dodge it as many do)
The quotes you post at the bottom of your replies are from VERY progressive individuals who you must agree with, correct? Being a progressive, or of any other beleive, is not black and white but a matter of degree. You are saying you are not 'secular', so be it. But you can't deny you are a self proclaimed 'progressive' and can't deny you consider yourself as 'superior' to the rest of us, or do you?? The worst of the worst (progressives) are the SPE's who are currently in control of our Federal Government, but most if not all progressive are the opposite of (opposes) those of us who see what is being put into place by the SPE's current in control of our government and thus they are just as much a part of the problem as those 'actively' involved in this 'fundamental transformation'. Like I said YOUR side is winning and the rest of us have an uphill battle to stop you and YOUR friends!!!
Simply put "If you are not for us you are against us"!
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!


Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
JimRau is offline  
cottontop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

JimRau,
You really need to read those Bible verses and do some serious self-reflecting. I see some hostility in your post. Your blood pressure is probably sky high. I don't want anything to happen to you my friend as this has been the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on in years. And what about that punctuation problem? You are not learning. We need to bring that grade up. BTW, that Jimmy Carter quote is really getting to you isn't it?
ct

__________________

Last edited by cottontop; 08-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,044
Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Default

Don't know where you got the idea that religion couldn't be discussed on the forums after all we have a section called Politics, Religion and Controversy.

__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Don't know where you got the idea that religion couldn't be discussed on the forums after all we have a section called Politics, Religion and Controversy.

I thought it was limited to that section only.
ct
__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,531
Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

Thank you for your post.
Let me say I was 'confrontational' on purpose. Many who do not agree with the present state of our country/government have been using one excuse or another for not 'getting involved'! SO what I was trying to do is to give those who believe the SPE's (SPE's is the proper term so I will continue to use the term, the only ones who are offended by this are the SPE's because they don't like the fact we have correctly labeled them) are in control as I do, a gentle 'kick in the pants' to make them 'think' about what is going on and why and to 'get involved'!
What I do is look at a 'problem' from a cause and effect standpoint and try to come up with a course of action which will help to solve the problem.
In this case the problem is the SPE's domination of 75+% of our Federal government and many of our state and local governments.
How did this happen?? It started about 100 years ago and because we have allowed the SPE's to control most of the narrative they have been very successful at controlling the conversation and have been successful at indoctrinating and controlling many people! (they call them 'useful idiots')
If you will notice one poster did not like what I had to say. This poster is self a proclaimed Secular Progressive. He did not counter what I said with any intelligent response, but attacked me calling me closed minded, ignorant, illiterate and a bigot. I expected this to happen as I have been calling out the SPE's for MANY years and this is their standard response/tactic. SPE's think they are 'better' than we are therefore they know what is 'best' for us inferior beings. For some reason I take offence at this attitude!
I am sorry if you think this was a little over the top, but what I see going on in this country right now is over the top and we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so NOW is the time we MUST 'put up or shut up'!
If you could focus on your original post rather than continuing your pissing match with Cottontop then perhaps we might get somewhere. Which one would you prefer to do? Pick a lane.

Your use of SPE is disingenuous. You are labeling a small percentage of the anti-gunners as our adversaries and that is foolish IMO. Anti-gunners are from all over the spectrum. There are religious conservatives who are anti-gunners. You are a damned fool to discount even one of them in fighting our battle. Also, these SPE's actually rejoice in receiving your attacks. It actually strengthens their resolve.


__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Activists get no credit for stimulating the economy? TexasGunner Legal and Activism 4 01-10-2013 12:18 AM
Fellow SigSauer P230 owners. Quick question DodgerBlue Semi-Auto Handguns 0 01-20-2012 01:06 AM
Got a question to my fellow Washigtonians... james_black The Club House 3 11-11-2009 07:13 AM
Another one for the gun control activists layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 07-22-2009 01:05 AM