A question for fellow activists??

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A question for fellow activists??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Default A question for fellow activists??

I would ask you to go the 'Training & Safety' forum to the thread titled "Someone is getting beat----" and read post # 165.
Would you please then answer the following questions:
1. Do you see the point I am making here, and agree with it?
2. If you do not agree with my point would you please tell me where I am wrong?
3. As an individual member here, do you see this post as offensive?
Thanks in advance.

PS: Do you have any other suggestions on how we can peaceably try to get our rights back???

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

1. You have made you point. Why is it important that everyone agrees with your views?
2. Opinions are never right or wrong...that's why they are called opinions.
3. Offensive....no. But somewhat overburdening, and that amounts to annoying real quick.
Now does it really matter if I agree with you? Perhaps I do. But beating a dead horse doesn't change the results...it's still dead....not "more dead".

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

People Like This 
Old 08-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
1. You have made you point. Why is it important that everyone agrees with your views?
2. Opinions are never right or wrong...that's why they are called opinions.
3. Offensive....no. But somewhat overburdening, and that amounts to annoying real quick.
Now does it really matter if I agree with you? Perhaps I do. But beating a dead horse doesn't change the results...it's still dead....not "more dead".
Because 'we' have to get as many people on the same page and have an organized effort to try and make a difference by changing the narative. It is not about 'me', it is about 'us'!
Thanks for your honest reply.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

bluez Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #4

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Because 'we' have to get as many people on the same page and have an organized effort to try and make a difference by changing the narative. It is not about 'me', it is about 'us'!
Thanks for your honest reply.
Getting people on the same page is happening across the country, and it's as grass roots as it can get. But you won't see any major changes or trernds happen unless two things happen. 1. The current administration has to fail so badly that people can't ignore it any longer....and 2. The media has to grow the gonads to report the truth rather than fabricating "stories" which support their agenda.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

True, and the ONLY way we can get this to happen is to take control of the narrative EVERY CHANCE WE GET.
No more 'gun control or gun safety' legislation, only 'anti-gun' legislation. No more 'assault weapons' ban, but an 'anti semi-automatic weapons' ban.
No more 'make my day law', or 'stand your ground' laws, but 'self defense laws'.
EVERY TIME we hear those terms we must correct those who use then, especially those who support our stand against the secular progressives.
I am trying to do my 'small' part at getting people to 'stop and think' about what is happening and WHY!

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 08-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

In short I agree with Missouribound.

Quote:
I would ask you to go the 'Training & Safety' forum to the thread titled "Someone is getting beat----" and read post # 165.
1. Do you see the point I am making here,
I think so, but it gets a little lost in the vitriol.

[quote]and agree with it?[QUOTE]

Meh. Not really, but I think we are on roughly the same page. Or maybe the same chapter.

Quote:
Again, the post is so full of vitriol it is difficult to pick it apart without making it appear as though I totally disagree (which I don't). I could not do so without making the argument mine and I don't think this is fair to either of us.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
It is not offensive to me, but I would have been offending my own sensibilities to post it myself. Does that make sense? I can see how people would be offended by it. You do come across as rather condescending and quite confrontational.

Quote:
PS: Do you have any other suggestions on how we can peaceably try to get our rights back???
Sure. Stop being so confrontational and try using positive persuasion. For example, all of the current laws that "allow" for people to carry firearms for defensive purposes paint the people as paranoid and confrontational. "Stand your ground", "castle doctrine", "make my day". All of these make us out to be Dirty Harry types who are out to kill someone in the eyes of our opposition. I would prefer that any such law would be called "Basic Self Defense" laws and the language should include other methods and tools for self defense in them, including whistles, pepper spray, cell phones, and even improvised weapons. There should not be any requirements regarding how to "properly" escalate your defense. This would serve as to dilute the importance of the best (in my opinion) tool for defense, which is the gun.

Do you see where I am headed here?

Oh, and the term you used "Secular Progressive Extremist". Dude. Really? Are you trying to offend people or what? Just call them what they are: "Ignorant Phucks". Seriously, there are people from all over the political spectrum, some are religious and some are not, and not all of them would be considered "extremists". I just don't think your term "SPE" belongs anywhere near this discussion.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
1. Do you see the point I am making here, and agree with it?
Thanks in advance.

A copy and paste or a link to the post you referenced would have been helpful. I would normally be glad to help you with this, but your effort to secure my opinion is most underwhelming.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #8

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I agree with what you said in #165. Its obvious cottontop doesn't and I personally think he is wrong. Liberals will be liberals. If I were you I would not worry so much about other people's opinion, especially a liberal.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
I agree with what you said in #165. Its obvious cottontop doesn't and I personally think he is wrong. Liberals will be liberals. If I were you I would not worry so much about other people's opinion, especially a liberal.

Why are you bringing me into it? I did not post on nor am I even mentioned in post #165 of that thread. That post is mostly about the Zimmerman case and some fictious group called SPE.
BTW, I believe that Zimmerman was justified and he did the right thing. I believed this from the very beginning of the case. I believe that Martin was a thug. I know he was suspended from school. I can imagine why. I taught high school for 23 years and I know exactly what Martin was like. I ran into many "Martins" (both black and white) through the course of my tenure as a teacher. And why are you labeling me as a liberal? I am just a person who has lots of beliefs that do not always conform to the status quo. I consider myself to be more of a Herbert Walker Bush moderate.
cottontop

Last edited by cottontop; 08-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.

locutus Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

[quote=Vikingdad;1326278]In short I agree with Missouribound.

I think so, but it gets a little lost in the vitriol.

[quote]and agree with it?

Quote:

Meh. Not really, but I think we are on roughly the same page. Or maybe the same chapter.

Again, the post is so full of vitriol it is difficult to pick it apart without making it appear as though I totally disagree (which I don't). I could not do so without making the argument mine and I don't think this is fair to either of us.

It is not offensive to me, but I would have been offending my own sensibilities to post it myself. Does that make sense? I can see how people would be offended by it. You do come across as rather condescending and quite confrontational.

Sure. Stop being so confrontational and try using positive persuasion. For example, all of the current laws that "allow" for people to carry firearms for defensive purposes paint the people as paranoid and confrontational. "Stand your ground", "castle doctrine", "make my day". All of these make us out to be Dirty Harry types who are out to kill someone in the eyes of our opposition. I would prefer that any such law would be called "Basic Self Defense" laws and the language should include other methods and tools for self defense in them, including whistles, pepper spray, cell phones, and even improvised weapons. There should not be any requirements regarding how to "properly" escalate your defense. This would serve as to dilute the importance of the best (in my opinion) tool for defense, which is the gun.

Do you see where I am headed here?

Oh, and the term you used "Secular Progressive Extremist". Dude. Really? Are you trying to offend people or what? Just call them what they are: "Ignorant Phucks". Seriously, there are people from all over the political spectrum, some are religious and some are not, and not all of them would be considered "extremists". I just don't think your term "SPE" belongs anywhere near this discussion.
Thank you for your post.
Let me say I was 'confrontational' on purpose. Many who do not agree with the present state of our country/government have been using one excuse or another for not 'getting involved'! SO what I was trying to do is to give those who believe the SPE's (SPE's is the proper term so I will continue to use the term, the only ones who are offended by this are the SPE's because they don't like the fact we have correctly labeled them) are in control as I do, a gentle 'kick in the pants' to make them 'think' about what is going on and why and to 'get involved'!
What I do is look at a 'problem' from a cause and effect standpoint and try to come up with a course of action which will help to solve the problem.
In this case the problem is the SPE's domination of 75+% of our Federal government and many of our state and local governments.
How did this happen?? It started about 100 years ago and because we have allowed the SPE's to control most of the narrative they have been very successful at controlling the conversation and have been successful at indoctrinating and controlling many people! (they call them 'useful idiots')
If you will notice one poster did not like what I had to say. This poster is self a proclaimed Secular Progressive. He did not counter what I said with any intelligent response, but attacked me calling me closed minded, ignorant, illiterate and a bigot. I expected this to happen as I have been calling out the SPE's for MANY years and this is their standard response/tactic. SPE's think they are 'better' than we are therefore they know what is 'best' for us inferior beings. For some reason I take offence at this attitude!
I am sorry if you think this was a little over the top, but what I see going on in this country right now is over the top and we are about to reach a 'point of no return', so NOW is the time we MUST 'put up or shut up'!

Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 02:55 PM.