Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   question for Chicago residents (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/question-chicago-residents-39179/)

oldshooter 03-01-2011 07:49 PM

question for Chicago residents

Is it true that elected officials in Chicago are exempt from that cities concealed carry permit laws?
I saw that on tv last night and was furious until my wife told me to get the facts before letting my bblood pressure spike.
Anyone have the facts on this?

c3shooter 03-01-2011 08:02 PM

I am NOT a resident of Chicago (Thank you, Jesus!)

But I think what you seek is here- Illinois State Code

Sec. 3.1-15-25. Conservators of the peace; service of warrants.

(a) After receiving a certificate attesting to the successful completion of a training course administered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board, the mayor, aldermen, president, trustees, marshal, deputy marshals, and policemen in municipalities shall be conservators of the peace. Those persons and others authorized by ordinance shall have power (i) to arrest or cause to be arrested, with or without process, all persons who break the peace or are found violating any municipal ordinance or any criminal law of the State, (ii) to commit arrested persons for examination, (iii) if necessary, to detain arrested persons in custody over night or Sunday in any safe place or until they can be brought before the proper court, and (iv) to exercise all other powers as conservators of the peace prescribed by the corporate authorities.

CA357 03-01-2011 08:47 PM

That ordinance is hopelessly outdated. Most, if not all of those politicians should be doing time for felonies. :rolleyes:

Nomad 1 03-03-2011 03:13 AM

Chicago

C3 has it right.

The ruling class will always find a way to exclude themselves from the laws governing the peasant class.

Richie "da Mare" Daley carries a pistol as do many of the ardent gun opponents in the city political machine.

When the feds hauled the ex govenor off, ther first thing they did was sieze his FOID.

On the humorous side, though, we are probably the only state where our ex governors make our license plates! :D

Mack Bolan 03-03-2011 11:44 AM

I have to concur with C3 and Nomad1 as well. How ironic right, just dont think about to long it or it will erk the heck outta ya.

beaniemac 09-21-2011 07:52 AM

I agree. It's total bullish*t. Especially with all the hoops I gotta jump thru in order to legally own a handgun in the city of Chicago.

winds-of-change 09-21-2011 09:55 AM

Ticks me off, too.

PSYCHOFREAK3 09-21-2011 04:34 PM

Yeah they are considered a "peace officer" therefore have the right to carry.

beaniemac 10-18-2011 02:22 AM

yup! its bullsh*t. I concur.

danf_fl 10-18-2011 08:20 AM

"Do as I say, not as I do" is alive and well it seems.

To this Chicago outsider, it appears that the ruling class have selected the handgun as a symbol in place of the sceptre.