question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > question

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I'm boggy and soggy. Where's Woggy?
Lol, ok bugle boy of company b

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #12

Liked 381 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by upchuck

now i'm really confused- what is legally a sports rifle?
Mine is a sports rifle because that is what it is used for - sport. Competition and range time; any time other than that its locked away!

I defend my home with my handguns.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by upchuck View Post
now i'm really confused- what is legally a sports rifle?
I guess that the definition would depend on what you use you rifle for. As of yet, I have heard of no legal description of an assault rifle. I just know that it is a vague description used by folks who don't like guns.

It could technically applied to all milsurp rifles, as they were once used to assault an enemy's position. That kind of rifle description goes all the way back to the Civil war and further. Single-shots with a bayonet I am sure the American Indian would have called the Winchester an assault weapon, and the trooper as well, when the Indian turned the rifle around.

A sports rifle is any firearm that has been adopted for sporting use. It may be called upon to be a defensive arm.

I suppose that the closest you could get to calling something an assault weapon would be a fully automatic, bang, bang, bang, until you let up on the trigger weapon, used primarily by warring countries.

Arms used for sport or self defense are at times painted with the same "assault rifle" brush to meet political agendas. I am sorry to say this, but your question is stupid, you are arising suspicions from forum members about who you are.

Legal trigger, I guess that you are probably not class three holder, so your legal trigger is one that will fire your weapon one time only for every time you pull it. That is the simple definition I think we can all agree on. There is a second component to the trigger, regarding defensive shooting, is the shooter's brain. He has to know if he needs to respond with deadly force to meet deadly force. The use and consequences of your acts are your responsibility, not your trigger type.

Using deadly force is a morale choice, not to be hampered by the government, however, if you chose it, you must be willing to take the legal consequences if they arise.

If these questions are legit, it is what I always say, the buyer should not be able to accept a weapon until he shows some rudimentary fire-arms knowledge. Military weapon training has always been good.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 12-17-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Jpyle Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #14

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by upchuck View Post
not sure I understand your anser but what wondering what style trigger is legal on a home defence assault rifle M-16type)
Far as I know there is no such thing as an illegal trigger or an assault rifle for that matter.A rifle is an object...assault is a verb not an adjective.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #15

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
I guess that the definition would depend on what you use you rifle for. As of yet, I have heard of no legal description of an assault rifle. I just know that it is a vague description used by folks who don't like guns.

It could technically applied to all milsurp rifles, as they were once used to assault an enemy's position. That kind of rifle description goes all the way back to the Civil war and further. Single-shots with a bayonet I am sure the American Indian would have called the Winchester an assault weapon, and the trooper as well, when the Indian turned the rifle around.

A sports rifle is any firearm that has been adopted for sporting use. It may be called upon to be a defensive arm.

I suppose that the closest you could get to calling something an assault weapon would be a fully automatic, bang, bang, bang, until you let up on the trigger weapon, used primarily by warring countries.

Arms used for sport or self defense are at times painted with the same "assault rifle" brush to meet political agendas. I am sorry to say this, but your question is stupid, you are arising suspicions from forum members about who you are.

Legal trigger, I guess that you are probably not class three holder, so your legal trigger is one that will fire your weapon one time only for every time you pull it. That is the simple definition I think we can all agree on. There is a second component to the trigger, regarding defensive shooting, is the shooter's brain. He has to know if he needs to respond with deadly force to meet deadly force. The use and consequences of your acts are your responsibility, not your trigger type.

Using deadly force is a morale choice, not to be hampered by the government, however, if you chose it, you must be willing to take the legal consequences if they arise.

If these questions are legit, it is what I always say, the buyer should not be able to accept a weapon until he shows some rudimentary fire-arms knowledge. Military weapon training has always been good.
Agreed, in 1945 my Mosin Nagant would have been an "assault rifle" and I suppose a Kentucky Rifle would have been one in 1864 but I digress.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #16

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've assaulted a man with a pair of rubber "truck nutz".

Let me rephrase that, I've used a pair to assault a man. He was causing property damage. He kicked in the rear bumper of my car. I hate plastic bumpers...

Assault nutz.....

Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #17

Better than getting your nutz assaulted, or being assaulted with salty nutz...

I think I'll stop now.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #18

Sometimes I talk to myself because I need an expert opinion.

Dontcha Frank?

Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7647 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

We're done here. This thread is going nowhere fast.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #20

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Keep going......you have an audience

NEVER FORGET

Closed Thread