Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Queens New York man arrested for paying with toy gun. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/queens-new-york-man-arrested-paying-toy-gun-90417/)

downsouth 05-09-2013 10:23 PM

Queens New York man arrested for paying with toy gun.
 
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/exclusive-man-arrested-for-allegedly-shooting-realistic-toy-gun-with-kids-in-queens-park/

MisterMcCool 05-09-2013 10:46 PM

The description sounds like a realistic, firing, airsoft gun. It was stupid to bring it to a public park and allow the children to point it at others. :(

Doc3402 05-09-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1242116)
The description sounds like a realistic, firing, airsoft gun. It was stupid to bring it to a public park and allow the children to point it at others. :(

I agree based on one witness stating at first it looked like a real gun. Real or not you have to go by the reasonable person standard. The report that he did fire pellets at a tree makes it worse in my eyes. If I was the judge and found this to be the case, I would sentence him to 2 Saturday nights in Bellevue ER to teach him all he ever wanted to know about penetrating injuries.

Sniper03 05-09-2013 11:39 PM

downsouth,

OH BROTHER! I guess I would sum it up in simple terms!
Now there is an individual with a "severe case" of *Cranial Rectitis! ;):)

03

towboater 05-09-2013 11:41 PM

Is it illegal to have an airsoft gun in NYC? IF not, then no crime was committed. Last I checked, being stupid aint illegal.

Doc3402 05-09-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03 (Post 1242166)
downsouth,

OH BROTHER! I guess I would sum it up in simple terms!
Now there is an individual with a "severe case" of *Cranial Rectitis! ;):)

03

Yup. His head is in so far he can see his last meal.

Doc3402 05-09-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater (Post 1242168)
Is it illegal to have an airsoft gun in NYC? IF not, then no crime was committed. Last I checked, being stupid aint illegal.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video. They got him for reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, and possession of an illegal BB gun.

7point62 05-09-2013 11:52 PM

NY is so full of gun fear that this guy had to know he'd freak all the mom's out...or maybe hoped to get arrested so he could file a lawsuit.

towboater 05-10-2013 03:43 AM

Yep, didn't watch. I'm on a phone and signal here sucks.

Doc3402 05-10-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater (Post 1242345)
Yep, didn't watch. I'm on a phone and signal here sucks.

No problem. Glad to help out. Heck, I almost skipped it. I hate watching documented stupidity.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.