A Punished Straw Purchase - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A Punished Straw Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Gee, what a novel idea, punish the law breaker instead of law abiding gun owners. Who would have thought?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5646 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
He sewed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. Justice in action.

What I find interesting is that many members here believe that the Constitution of the United States guarantees the rights of all Americans, without exception, to own firearms. As the Constitutions does not mention that certain groups can be proscribed from having guns. Under those circumstances, the seller would have done nothing wrong in selling to someone he suspected had a mental illness.

To me that presents a riddle. If some people can have firearms and some people can't have, then the whole issue is who decides the parameters of ownership.

I suppose that is why we have several levels of courts in our system of justice.

The founders were wise men.
We as responsible gun owners and pro-constitution types know that giving dangerous items to dangerous people is a very bad idea. Someone that is mentally I'll does not have the mental capacity to respect another person's right to life. Hell, we got a whole segment that thinks yanking the brains out of living babies is perfectly ok... the constitution covers mentally ill and criminals by the act of due process of a court of law.

Someone that is found to be crazy, or a convicted criminal, we have decided as a society to have met due process. This is done on a case by case basis. Liberals think its ok to deny rights based solely on their personal feelings. Libs don't like guns so they are ok trampling on everyone else's constitutional rights across the board man woman child without due process

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1226 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This happened in Montgomery County, which is just outside of Philadelphia. I don't know what would have happened in Philly, but Montco is a red county. Manned, managed and run by Republicans.

To hell with his upbringing, childhood, socio economic life, he committed a terrible crime leading to a LEO death, lock his tail up for a long time.

Maybe Rahm Emanual and King Bloomberg need to take notice.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 652 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 3635

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
This fellow got exactly what he deserved. A policeman lost his life as a direct result of this man's illegal gun sale. His attorney mentioned his troubled childhood. Every body has a trouble childhood.
My childhood was okay, as far as I can remember and from what I'm told (long term memory loss).

Now, my mid twenties....yeah, I was troubled then.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere