Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Pulled a slick one on anti-gun apprenticeship program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 214 Times on 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
It is stated in the Firearms Laws of Tenn the violation of rules of Public or Private Trg centers schools etc when carrying weapons open or concealed is a crime. The crime is a Class E Felony under Tenn. Law.

http://felonyguide.com/Tennessee-Felony.php
My point is not that it is illegal to carry in schools....

.... It's that this place isn't a school.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #22

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Do what ever you choose. If you can read a law you will see that your private Trng. center is covered under the laws of your state.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Do what ever you choose. If you can read a law you will see that your private Trng. center is covered under the laws of your state.
Okay I missed the private training center part,do you have a link to that particular clause? I still have a hard time believing they are covered by any law because before they instituted this policy the director and a two instructors both carried,along with several apprentices.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Well found out last night my apprenticeship school instituted a no-firearms allowed policy,when they previously were fine with it due to one student being an idiot. They will not be posting signs though,just handed out a new policy agreement for everyone to sign stating they have the right to throw you out for having a firearm. I pulled out my original copy of the agreement they gave us to keep that didnt have the anti gun clause In it,signed that one and returned it in the new ones place. Nobody has noticed yet.

Would this matter if I'm caught? No legal action since they don't post but since they don't have the updated copy with my signature I don't think they could throw me out .
I do believe you got one over on them. Now having said that concealed means concealed. The administrators will never know unless U have to use it to defend your life and or your classmates. After that it won't matter one snit. U will still be alive (maybe depending on how the firefight goes down). If it were me I would continue to carry. U might want to ask Mosad Aiube on this one.

Last edited by eaglesnester; 12-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesnester
I do believe you got one over on them. Now having said that concealed means concealed. The administrators will never know unless U have to use it to defend your life and or your classmates. After that it won't matter one snit. U will still be alive (maybe depending on how the firefight goes down). If it were me I would continue to carry. U might want to ask Mosad Aiube on this one.
I think I'll end up with a small 9mm with belly band or smartholster setup for situations like this if I decide too