Pulled a slick one on anti-gun apprenticeship program - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Pulled a slick one on anti-gun apprenticeship program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1609 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Thankfully in FL we passed a law in I think 2005 that makes it illegal for any employer from banning guns in locked vehicles on company property. I think Disney was what touched it off with their policy of no guns in cars in their parking lot. A few people got fired and I think sued, not too sure though. Here in FL Disney is really anti gun.
You need to look a little closer at the law books. Guns are banned at schools, just about any type of school, including the property and parking lots. In Florida this includes Universities and Trade Schools. The OP needs to check his state laws on the subject. I know that here, in Fl, you would not only get thrown out of school, but also thrown into jail.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #12

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

You need to look a little closer at the law books. Guns are banned at schools, just about any type of school, including the property and parking lots. In Florida this includes Universities and Trade Schools. The OP needs to check his state laws on the subject. I know that here, in Fl, you would not only get thrown out of school, but also thrown into jail.
Well technically,the place all the apprentices go for school nights is also their place of business. It in fact is not classified as a "school" anywhere on the website or any reading material. I couldn't even get tax write-offs for being a student there. It is however, a association of all the non-union electrical contractors in the area as a forum and means in which to have dialog through, they also happen to have a program in which apprentices can get their necessary "school hours" to qualify for a state journeyman license.

I highly doubt a court of law classifies this place as a school,the IRS doesn't. It's a contractors association with an apprenticeship program. And before they instituted this policy it was known that some of us carried there.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Are they saying they can throw you for having one there or just having one?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA
Are they saying they can throw you for having one there or just having one?
Having one on the property,including in a vehicle there.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #15

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The state says you are an adult when they issue you a CCW permit. That means you will obey all firearms laws not just the ones you like. It is very likely your disregard for the rights of private property owners is going to deprive you of a career and you will never own or carry a firearm the rest of you life. You are risking a felony charge.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #16

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Maybe not a felony in Tennessee, but deep doodoo for sure.

Jstrong, I would say leave it locked up in your vehicle and keep your lips locked too. Now, I occasionally carried on school campus in college, as did several others I know, and THAT I'm pretty sure is a felony. But... One of those "not as I do" kind of things.

One thing is for sure. If anyone wanted to shoot up my college, they'd have been FUBAR'd. I believe probably every single classroom has/had at last one gun, either in a student's possession or a teacher's.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
The state says you are an adult when they issue you a CCW permit. That means you will obey all firearms laws not just the ones you like. It is very likely your disregard for the rights of private property owners is going to deprive you of a career and you will never own or carry a firearm the rest of you life. You are risking a felony charge.
I don't see how this is a likely result seeing as how they DO NOT post no firearms signs around the building,leaving them with no legal recourse. State law also says in order for them to excercise their property rights they must post signs in accordance and up to par with what the law calls for.

I wouldn't do anything I thought would leave me with a felony charge my friend,as much as I hate the current state of firearms laws I will play ball in order to retain the ones I do have.

This thread is mostly a "what if" type thing. When it comes down to it I'll most likely end up just leaving it in the truck lockbox I have bolted to the floorboard.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #18

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I agree with SSGSF, (How'd that happen?) concealed means

concealed. Discretion is the better part of valor. At least, that's

what I heard...

Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #19

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is stated in the Firearms Laws of Tenn the violation of rules of Public or Private Trg centers schools etc when carrying weapons open or concealed is a crime. The crime is a Class E Felony under Tenn. Law.

http://felonyguide.com/Tennessee-Felony.php

Last edited by nitestalker; 12-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #20

Liked 642 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Chainfire, I misspoke. The law doesn't include schools or courthouses. There could be a couple more forbidden places, but I'm not sure.