Publisher of NY journal who printed info on lawful owners
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Publisher of NY journal who printed info on lawful owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Publisher of NY journal who printed info on lawful owners

2A friends, u may find this interesting. Follow the comments too:
http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #2

Liked 642 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Love the comments. Glad this is happening. The comment about the antis being able to get away with this 15 yrs ago, but the Internet has leveled the playing field is so true. I wish harm to no one, I do hope she receives much discomfort from her reckless and negligent behavior.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5922 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 417

We as gun owners dont wish ill on anyone.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #4

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Of course not. Buy we demand to not be discriminated against. What's fair for them to do to us, is fair for us to do to them

All that was done was what they've already done, address and phone numbers.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1849 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 5520

Quote:
No, No we don't. In fact we have great empathy for her ignorance. We wish to educated her. Hopefully she has learned a little bit,

Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I actually think this will help our cause personally. I think their mistake in doing this, will bolster our cause, and lawful gun owners like us and solidify support. Not to mention, I think the first time someone is killed, and it's linked back to them publishing that this person that was robbed was targeted becuase they didn't have a gun... will cause massive financial liability to the paper.

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

bluez Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2233 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 2400

I find two aspects of this situation very interesting. Those two aspects cover 100% of the people in the counties whose information was published.

First, the gun owners have been identified as targets for criminals who are looking to obtain guns. Any gun owner who is the victim of such a crime should immediately commence legal action against this publisher for making them a target.

Second, the non-gun owners have been identified as targets for criminals who are looking for soft targets. Any non-gun owner who is the victim of such a crime should immediately commence legal action against this publisher for making them a target.

Just my opinion.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2233 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 2400

Followup: Here's an interesting line of reasoning among the comments!!!

"We who have been exposed by the National Enquirer of Westchester (a.k.a The Journal News) should apply en masse for FULL CARRY permits since we now can “demonstrate need”. If we are denied then a class action tort against Westchester County to demand issuance of Full Carry for all Westchester County Handgun Permit owners.
By placing a map with our personal information on the internet, the Gannett rag has given a shopping list to thugs, criminal mutts, amateur thieves, teenage wannabes and terrorists. Each and every time we leave our homes we never know what we’ll find when we return. Am I going to get accosted as I enter or leave my home? Will I find a gun to my head as I try to open my door? Will I have middle of the night visitors? What about my Aunt, whose house is identified, and whose husband died over 5 years ago and no longer owns his handgun? How do we protect her?
Boycott the JN, tell the businesses you patronize that you will no longer be reading nor buying that rag so they will be wasting their advertising dollars. It’s time for economic warfare against these “journalistic” whores.
Last but not least call all the numbers given and wish them a Merry Christmas from a 2nd Amendment supporter, who protects their right to abuse the 1st amendment."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5922 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Of course not. Buy we demand to not be discriminated against. What's fair for them to do to us, is fair for us to do to them

All that was done was what they've already done, address and phone numbers.
Got no problem publishing their names and addresses. Go for it. Whats good for the goose and all that

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #10

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

Got no problem publishing their names and addresses. Go for it. Whats good for the goose and all that
Lol, in this case, or looks like, "what's good for the gander is good for the goose"!