The Providence City, R.I. Gun Ban - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Providence City, R.I. Gun Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Heads Up!

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/providence/providence-city-council-wants-dangerous-guns-banned

Council wants dangerous guns banned
Providence resolution approved Thursday night
Updated: Friday, 04 Jan 2013, 12:43 PM EST
Published : Friday, 04 Jan 2013, 6:25 AM EST
By Dan Carpenter
Field reporting by Jennifer Mobilia

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - The Providence City council spent their first meeting of 2013 debating a gun control measure.

On Thursday night, the panel passed a resolution, that will ask the General Assembly to ban semi-automatic weapons statewide.

Council Majority Leader Seth Yurdin proposed the legislation, which comes in the wake of last month's tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

"They're designed for the battle field," Yurdin said of the weapons.

Yurdin says changes to gun laws are long overdue, and fellow councilor David Salvatore agreed.

"I'm proud to support this resolution," Salvatore said.

Others, like Councilor Nicholas Narducci, said the focus should be on violent video games instead of guns.

Councilor Luis Aponte also opposed the resolution, saying it would only impact those who bought their guns legally, and registered them.

The resolution passed by an 8-6 vote.
Don't forget this now ....

s 1867 PASSED, MAKES AMERICA A DESIGNATED BATTLEFIELD, AMERICANS DESIGNATED ENEMY COMBATANTS

A provision to the National Defense Authorization Act going before the Senate today would turn America into a “battlefield,” says supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina.), and would allow the president of the United States the power to detain citizens domestically without trial, allowing the US military to act as law enforcement over their own civil

http://postamericana.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/rand-paul-vs-battlefield-usa-s-1867-rt/

Also this coming from the city who's one time mayor buddy cianci was sending state police on extortion payment pick-ups from small businesses in Providence. This mayor was arrested for rackateering , served 10 years , released and then re-elected as mayor xD Think sopranos only the cops were in on it too .

I come from RI and grew up there in johnston just outside providence. That place is crooked as the day is long. I put money on the mob lobbying for this so extortion payments would be that much less dangerous for the soldiers.

I had a sub history teacher Ray petriacha and one day he didnt show up. We were like wheres Mr. Petriacha??? Well , it turns out he and his father Ray petriacha senoir ( head of the petriacha crime family ) had been indicted by grand jury on a litany of charges . And this guy was my middle school teacher.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 01-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

I recall a time in the past when a judicious application of tar and or feathers was used to remind elected officials just where they are supposed to turn to when they committed unlawful acts...

eldar

Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #13

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
I recall a time in the past when a judicious application of tar and or feathers was used to remind elected officials just where they are supposed to turn to when they committed unlawful acts...

eldar
Ahhhhh, the good ole' days

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD