Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Protect your right to own fire arms. (Here's how) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/protect-your-right-own-fire-arms-heres-how-2654/)

wasr762 11-23-2007 07:24 PM

Protect your right to own fire arms. (Here's how)

Many of you know the supreme court is challenging our right to own firearms. They will soon be deciding wether the 2nd ammendment protects the rights of indivduals or just a "militia" (Wich the gov't defines as the national gaurd)
To prevent them from saying individuals can't own firearms I suggest you support presidential candidate Ron Paul. He is gaining serious momentum now and has a real chance to win. He is a true conservitive and believes in strict interpretation of the constitution. he will protect our right to own a fire arm as an individual. He states directly that the 2nd ammendment protects our INDIVIUAL right to own fire arms here is a quote>"I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right." Check him out at www.ronpaul2008.com and his firearms stance at http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/second-amendment/ He is the only candidate who has a proven record of supporting our rights not just claiming he will. here is an example. have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.

I suggest taking the time to look into him and If you are interested go to www.teaparty07.com and help donate to get him into office. He is at the tipping point now where with a little more support he could actually win.

CA357 11-24-2007 12:57 AM

I think Ron Paul is a well meaning man and a man of integrity. However I disagree with too many tenets of his platform to vote for him. I also have serious problems with some of the fringe groups that are supporting him.
Realistically, in some ways he's much more conservative than the front runners, but open borders and some of his other ideas scare me to death.

Chuck 11-24-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 12056)
I think Ron Paul is a well meaning man and a man of integrity. However I disagree with too many tenets of his platform to vote for him. I also have serious problems with some of the fringe groups that are supporting him.
Realistically, in some ways he's much more conservative than the front runners, but open borders and some of his other ideas scare me to death.

The standard on which to vote for a Presidential candidate is the US Constitution. On that, Dr. Paul has no equal. Those other candidates from either party who claim to be conservative have bastardized the definition of conservatism.

CA357 11-24-2007 09:12 PM

I agree that Paul is the best choice in terms of a true Constitutionalist. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ultimately matter. I will hold my nose if necessary and vote for the Republican candidate. Even Giuliani, loathesome as he may be, will be better than another Democrat-Leftist. :mad:

opaww 11-25-2007 11:00 AM

I will probely vote for Ron Paul not that I agree with everything he stands for but he also can not institute anything without the help of congress so some of the things he supports that I do not he will not be able to do anything on.

Chuck 11-25-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 12082)
I agree that Paul is the best choice in terms of a true Constitutionalist. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ultimately matter. I will hold my nose if necessary and vote for the Republican candidate. Even Giuliani, loathesome as he may be, will be better than another Democrat-Leftist. :mad:

So, it's party over principle.

Too bad.

CA357 11-26-2007 12:56 AM

No, it's not too bad, it just makes more sense to me.

Chuck 11-26-2007 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 12110)
No, it's not too bad, it just makes more sense to me.

That's what Goebbels said.

CA357 11-26-2007 02:27 AM

I disagree. As far as Goebbels goes, the Holocaust Deniers, the White Supremecists, KKK and 9/11 Truthers are supporting Ron Paul. I will not associate myself with the Lunatic Fringe. The Country is in deep enough trouble as it is from the Far Left/Soc!al!st crowd.

BTW, You don't have any idea who I am, what I've done or where I've been. Be circumspect before you call someone names or make stupid remarks. I've been polite with you, kindly show me the same respect.

Chuck 11-26-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 12112)
I disagree. As far as Goebbels goes, the Holocaust Deniers, the White Supremecists, KKK and 9/11 Truthers are supporting Ron Paul. I will not associate myself with the Lunatic Fringe. The Country is in deep enough trouble as it is from the Far Left/Soc!al!st crowd.

BTW, You don't have any idea who I am, what I've done or where I've been. Be circumspect before you call someone names or make stupid remarks. I've been polite with you, kindly show me the same respect.

I do know who you are. You are the topic of Judge Andrew Napolitano's newest book.