Property owners and guns - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Property owners and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I strongly believe in property rights. The government, federal or state, has no right to interfere. That is why state smoking bans upset me.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #12

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

I am not allowed to carry at work. I am the manager. But there is a rule in the employee hand book that predates me. The owner knows that I have a permit. He knows that I carry everywhere else. But he told me that he would prefer that I not carry at work. I do not carry in the building.

I have had several scary things happen at work. I have legitimate reasons to want to carry at work but still don't do it. If I am killed at work, while being denied the opportunity to carry a gun that I have been trained for and licensed to carry, I imagine my wife will become very rich with the help of a good lawyer.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1588 View Post
I mean ARMED robbery specifically. There have been MANY cases here in Nashville where they go in to rob a place, get what they want and then shoot the person who gave it to them anyways. A liquor store in east Nashville was being robbed and a permit holder shot the assailants and was thanked by the business owner in person and it was broadcast on the news. I live in a very pro-gun state thankfully.
Armed robbery is a DIFFERENT story. THAT is a defensive shootable offense in MOST places. Nashville is NOT exclusive to that kind of crime by ANY means.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

It is the same as if they said No towel heads or no blacks. It is their place if they choose to not do business with a specific section of people no matter how wrong it my be it is their choice.

You make your choice with your wallet and they will soon go the way of the dodo.

If a restaurant was smoking we didn't go there. On the other hand I would not smoke in the house or in side a building. To me it was wrong to force my nasty bad habit on to someone else that didn't smoke. I am sorry there is no reason you can't sit down to a meal and not smoke do you not sleep 6 to 8 hours with out smoking right.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
It is the same as if they said No towel heads or no blacks. It is their place if they choose to not do business with a specific section of people no matter how wrong it my be it is their choice.

You make your choice with your wallet and they will soon go the way of the dodo.

If a restaurant was smoking we didn't go there. On the other hand I would not smoke in the house or in side a building. To me it was wrong to force my nasty bad habit on to someone else that didn't smoke. I am sorry there is no reason you can't sit down to a meal and not smoke do you not sleep 6 to 8 hours with out smoking right.
I agree 100% with the owner's choice of doing business (metabolic rates during sleep v. activity is another story).

If a business owner chooses to smoke/drink/curse/spit etc while receiving patrons, it is the choice of the owner. Gubmit has no business getting into the owner's business. The free market at the consumer level will decide the fate of the owner's business.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

LOL! I think it'd stir a much bigger sh*tstorm if they posted a sign barring towel heads or blacks.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Of course it would cause a sh!t storm. Then they would either A: change policies or B: go out of business. If the government can start telling a PRIVATE business what to do then it is not a big step before they start telling you what you can do in a private residence.....

Old 05-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8888 Times on 3848 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

On a business trip to NC, I just encountered a hotel with a "No firearms" sign. With wording that made it clear it applied to CCW permit holders. Left my piece in the car. Asked to speak to the manager. Advised him I had a reservation for the next 3 nights that HE had just canceled by his policy that was not made known at the time I made my reservation- and that me, my sidearm, AND MY MONEY were going to another hotel. I also filed a complaint with the hotel chain (Platinum member of their rewards program)

They are free to do what they like with their property. I am free to do what I like with my money- and I will make sure they understand that their choices carry consequences.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
On a business trip to NC, I just encountered a hotel with a "No firearms" sign. With wording that made it clear it applied to CCW permit holders. Left my piece in the car. Asked to speak to the manager. Advised him I had a reservation for the next 3 nights that HE had just canceled by his policy that was not made known at the time I made my reservation- and that me, my sidearm, AND MY MONEY were going to another hotel. I also filed a complaint with the hotel chain (Platinum member of their rewards program)

They are free to do what they like with their property. I am free to do what I like with my money- and I will make sure they understand that their choices carry consequences.
Quoted for truth. IMO the perfect way to get the message across. Nicely done!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #20

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

In my hotel it is only the empoloyees that are not allowed to carry. The guests may do so. That is one reason I feel discriminated against. I don't like to have to hope there is another ccw around.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.