Property owners and guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Property owners and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Property owners and guns

What do you all think about business or property owners banning firearms on their property? I think its wrong on one hand but on the other hand, I do realize that they have a right to make the rules on their own property. What do you all think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If they get robbed they won't have to worry about a permit holder stepping in to save them.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #3

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

i guess right now i feel pretty damn lucky(again) being i will be assuming or taking over a family business and therefore either way it will be up to myself and my partner regarding the company policy- our office is in an area (dead end street up against RR tracks) that could be considered questionable after dark.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #4

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

When I ran my business most of my workers were felons and I was armed.

When you are the boss, you write the rules.

It's good to be king!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
What do you all think about business or property owners banning firearms on their property? I think its wrong on one hand but on the other hand, I do realize that they have a right to make the rules on their own property. What do you all think?
I think it can't be wrong if they make the rules. I'm not sure what you are getting at, but if your employer does not allow guns on their property by their employees, then you follow the rules. If you decide that you are more right than they are, then fully expect to lose your job with no gripe. If you don't want to work for them, don't.

I don't see this as an issue.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1588 View Post
If they get robbed they won't have to worry about a permit holder stepping in to save them.
Theft of property is not a threat to anyone's life. In most cases and in most states, theft of property is not a shooting situation. The right to defend one's life with a firearm and theft of property don't always meet in the middle.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A shopping mall in Omaha put up "No Firearms" signs that forbid licensed conceal carry holders from carrying in the mall. Then a young deranged man came in with an SKS and killed a bunch of innocent people (in Von Maur, a high-class department store in the Westroads Mall in Omaha)--no one was there to stop him--he just kept shooting until he decided to eat a bullet. I believe the signs have since been removed...

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 05-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
The operative words are their property. I don't like businesses that have "Weapons Free Zone" signs and I try to avoid them. But they can do what they please.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1588 View Post
You're exactly right, but it's up to the permit holder whether or not he or she wants to go onto private property unarmed.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Theft of property is not a threat to anyone's life. In most cases and in most states, theft of property is not a shooting situation. The right to defend one's life with a firearm and theft of property don't always meet in the middle.
I mean ARMED robbery specifically. There have been MANY cases here in Nashville where they go in to rob a place, get what they want and then shoot the person who gave it to them anyways. A liquor store in east Nashville was being robbed and a permit holder shot the assailants and was thanked by the business owner in person and it was broadcast on the news. I live in a very pro-gun state thankfully.