Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > proof of firearm ownership needed at state borders?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mudpupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 752
Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Wow, are you admitting to or condoning planting evidence? No wonder myself and many others don't trust cops anymore.
No, no, no, a little something like a an old sap or some bb's in a toddlers sock.

Just enough to put the smart in smartasses.

Never risk getting caught carrying evidence...

Trust ...

Good luck with that one. I don't trust my mother!!
__________________
mudpupp is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,064
Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
No, no, no, a little something like a an old sap or some bb's in a toddlers sock.

Just enough to put the smart in smartasses.

Never risk getting caught carrying evidence...

Trust ...

Good luck with that one. I don't trust my mother!!
What you suggest is downright chilling. It is still illegal to do what you are suggesting you did. If a Peace Officer contrives even the tiniest reason to search a person or their property it is a violation of their basic rights. The biggest smart ass on the planet is probably doing so because he is as innocent as a lamb in most cases. Even if he is not it doesn't give a LEO any right to "put the smart in a smartass". That is not your frigging job, *******!

No wonder law abiding citizens like me don't trust cops.
__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #43
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 1,887
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

Default

@mudpupp,

IF I am understanding you correctly here, you are saying that willfully planted evidense at one point in time and would do so again if the individual was being a smartass?

I am one to give a person the benefit of the doubt when possible, if this is a misunderstanding on mine or the other readers part, please clarify. Otherwise, tell the readers what state, county, or city that you patrol, so that us honest law abiding citizens can stay away from it if possible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
No, no, no, a little something like a an old sap or some bb's in a toddlers sock.

Just enough to put the smart in smartasses.

Never risk getting caught carrying evidence...

Trust ...

Good luck with that one. I don't trust my mother!!
__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,271
Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
No, no, no, a little something like a an old sap or some bb's in a toddlers sock.

Just enough to put the smart in smartasses.

Never risk getting caught carrying evidence...

Trust ...

Good luck with that one. I don't trust my mother!!
Mudpupp...

Your posts on this read as past tense so I'm going to assume your a "former" cop?

If so, congratulations on getting out alive before you effed up with the WRONG citizen.

I understand most criminals are:

A. Not to bright and...
B. Generally Pussies with a lot of false bravado

I also understand that there are many honest citizens like myself who know our rights and did not serve our country so we could come home and be talked down to by anyone...even cops.

Those with your attitude should NOT be in ANY position of authority and gives a good indication of why your a "former" LEO.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 763
Liked 220 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
In Texas you are required to show proof that you actually own a gun
I've travelled extensively in Texas and never been required to show such proof. I did ask at the welcome center upon entering the State concerning my Tennessee carry permit, but that's as far as it went. No proof of ownership nor even show my permit.

Bob Wright

P.S. Prior to travelling, obtain travel information from AAA as to permit requirements. Double check when entering the state at welcome centers. These will get you in touch with the governing body.
__________________

Last edited by Bob Wright; 10-01-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Bob Wright is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

It was a joke guys... As in "every Texan is supposed to have a gun"

__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,208
Liked 2187 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Default

I think mudpupp's just trolling.

He could not have possibly have truly inferred that, on a regular

basis, LEOs are not only willing, but physically prepared,

to violate the rights of any citizen they deem fit.

If he did, this is an awful, but eye-opening, indictment of our LE

procedures paradigm, in general.

In an age where trust and respect of authority is

suffering the general public's jaundiced eye,

and negatively experienced awareness, this could have severe ramifications.

WHERE did you say you were a LEO, mudpupp?

__________________

Last edited by therewolf; 10-01-2012 at 09:11 PM.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #48
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BFE,Mississippi
Posts: 19,080
Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Drug enforcement task force? Doesn't that violate unreasonable search and seizure?
You've never seen the flashing sign on 49 north coming back from Gulfport? I think they only set it up on weekends or holidays, but i'm not sure. It announces a "K-9 drug search checkpoint ahead" (or something along those lines), and there are some deputies waiting, waiting at the end of the upcoming exit ramp, not down the highway as advertised. Just ignore it and keep driving on 49.

similar to this setup:
http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/01/12/003495P.pdf

"ruse" checkpoint: http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2004-06-16/news/road-rules/ Don't be a sucker, just keep on keepin on.

The boots comment would've been funnier if it had been on a football night and you had said "at the game, on the pompom girls.



http://www.topix.net/forum/city/natchitoches-la/TGDMAVQ68GUSJVH0B
This is from north of you isn't it Trip? back in February 2012.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p


Last edited by orangello; 10-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Default task force highway stops

the previously mention stop involving a cousin, 3/4 ton extended cab, camper shell, and two Dalmations; seizures included prescription drugs carried without a Doctor's prescrition.
20 some years ago.
Just think of Grandma and Grandpa, with medications not in the original prescribed containers. Like the daily carry pacts.
Now part of a seizure by the "task farce".

Along with a few grams of illegal substances from others.

__________________
coastie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #50
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 1,680
Liked 892 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
We always carried a little something with us that would act as probable cause when we encountered someone like you.

Then you were a bad cop and a law breaker and no better than the "smartasses" you were pulling over. If I'd been your superior and had found out what you were doing you'd have been arrested and prosecuted. Convicted or not your badge-carrying days would've been over. Just the fact the you not only admit this on an open forum but seem to take a certain smug pride in it speaks volumes about what kind of individual you are. I've never been a LEO but I have been a professional and in any of the military units in which I served you'd have lasted about a day.
__________________
7point62 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Proof Government Regulation Isn't Needed? BigByrd47119 Politics, Religion and Controversy 17 11-16-2011 02:00 AM
The Fed Even Beyond Our Borders JoinOrDieSaidBenFranklin Politics, Religion and Controversy 9 11-09-2011 06:32 PM
Utah's official state firearm jwhirl413 1911 Forum 2 03-20-2011 12:54 PM
Automatic Firearm Ownership? curlysue NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 4 06-16-2007 03:08 AM
Is a General Firearm Forum Needed? notdku The Club House 6 06-01-2007 02:15 PM