Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > problem picking up a gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 314 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
That's only one call for both guns and one call for the one two weeks ago. My understanding is you can put up to 5 guns on one call.

Jim
Maybe I'll have to go buy another one this weekend to test this three in a month hold. It was only one phone call for both guns.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #12

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

the system crashed on me last time i bought a gun the shop called me when it finly went thure and i picked it up latter that day

Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 569 Times on 335 Posts
Likes Given: 3259

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
The third purchase within a month and a half triggered a ATF warning that it could be a straw purchases. It will take 48 hrs to clear up otherwise she can pick it up after that if the FBI does not get back on the hold and deny the purchase.

Jim
That must be an IL thing.

I bought 2 pistols and an AR in Jan. The second week of Feb I bought 2 more pistols. And the first week of March I bought 1 more.

All checks went through fine.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
Ok I live here in KY and both my parents do too, today my mom went to pick a 1911 for a gift for my dad. Within the past month and a half she bought two other pistols and when she went in today she put down the rest of the money but when it came to the back ground check they said she couldn't pick it up because of unidentified reasons.

She doesn't have any criminal issues or mental and shes bought guns before so what the hell?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Not a bit uncommon when you let the government tell you which rights you are ALLOWED to exercise! I have had several customers denied and EVERY ONE of them was a mistake. How many people have been turned away from the voting booth because they did not pass the BG check????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I get turned down every time and have to wait three days in both Nevada and Idaho.I am going to go get a concealed permit so I don't have to go through the Nics check any more. I don't particularly desire the concealed carry living in rural north Idaho where open carry is common and crime is very low but I get tired of getting flagged for three days every time.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
I get turned down every time and have to wait three days in both Nevada and Idaho.I am going to go get a concealed permit so I don't have to go through the Nics check any more. I don't particularly desire the concealed carry living in rural north Idaho where open carry is common and crime is very low but I get tired of getting flagged for three days every time.
You still have the NICS check with the CCL, you just don't have the wait. Once approved you can leave with the gun.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!