Pro-Gun Liberals, their own Gun Forum? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Pro-Gun Liberals, their own Gun Forum?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
All their guns will have orange front caps on them.....
Okay. That's funny. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on...

+1

JD

Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I wasn't going to say anything, but what the hell. I took a stroll over there, posted 15 or 20 comments, and was promptly banned. No warning, nothing. I was civil and respectful. Even my first post was asking about terminology defining "liberal" and I told them that I was a classical liberal(*). Everything was going well, I thought, until I had the audacity to politely refute something the administrator had posted. I used facts with links to support my assertions.

Buh bye.

The response I got via email from the administrator reads:

Quote:
The discussion on illegal immigrants was the final straw that induced me to remove three accounts, your own being one of them. But more than any one post was a pattern of conservative posts that don't seem to mesh with the idea of a Liberal Gun Forum. As of now, the number of self-professed conservatives outnumber the liberals on the forum, and they tend to reinforce each others' posts, overwhelming the intended liberal tone of the forum. I was naive to think that I'd be able to keep the many conservative members from testing the boundaries of what was acceptable on the forum.

If this sounds unfair and biased, it's because it is. The forum is intended as a Liberal echo-chamber, which will be extremely friendly and inviting to Liberal gun advocates. I have no illusions about the forum being unbiased or accommodating conservative viewpoints in any meaningful way. To a conservative this probably sounds awful, and some liberals don't like it either. One of the most liberal members of the forum left in protest, and I can't blame him.

Nevertheless, it's a decision I made to stop the forum from being overwhelmed by conservatives, which it surely would be otherwise. I think it's the right decision, although it's probably not very liberal of me to do it this way! This is an experiment, and either it will work, or the censorship I have imposed will kill the forum. Only time will tell which.
(I posted in response to a comment by the admin, where he said dislike of undocumented aliens was merely a government ploy to distract the people from real problems. I posted several links to reputable sources illustrating the hypocrisy of the left (claiming racism while simultaneously supporting La Raza) and basically showing the admin that concern over illegal aliens was valid.

That didn't flush.

It's funny how the liberal -- the thoughtful, open-minded, and tolerant one -- boots people out when facts are posted contravening their brand of conventional wisdom. It takes a small, scared, weak mind to silence discussion rather than face the truth.)

(*) Classical Liberalism is defined as a doctrine stressing individual freedom and limited government. This includes the importance of human rationality, individual property rights, natural rights, the protection of civil liberties, constitutional limitations of government, free markets, and individual freedom from restraint.

Last edited by bkt; 07-08-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^ That is just plain, narrow minded CONTROL. You can post here, as long as you agree with what I, as the ruler of the website, believe. Nice. Really progressive and accepting of differing views....

Perhaps I will wander over and test their firearm knowledge.. that should be interesting... LOL

JD

Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedy View Post
Pro gun liberal...such an animal does not exist..CD

Such an animal does exist, and he is me... I'm a liberal, but a lousy Democrat.

I went over there and created an account... Now I will see just who and what they are all about..

I recently got crucified for being a (gasp) liberal on another gun related site.. (I think they actually called me an "infiltrator" amongst other nifty names)... If this new "liberal" forum is equally unforgiving I'll take a moment to let the Mod's know.. (maybe I'll get kicked out too?)

-Peter

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
-Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member

Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
All their guns will have orange front caps on them.....
And they'll shoot rubber bullets or bean bags instead of lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I wasn't going to say anything, but what the hell. I took a stroll over there, posted 15 or 20 comments, and was promptly banned. No warning, nothing. I was civil and respectful. Even my first post was asking about terminology defining "liberal" and I told them that I was a classical liberal(*). Everything was going well, I thought, until I had the audacity to politely refute something the administrator had posted. I used facts with links to support my assertions.

Buh bye.

The response I got via email from the administrator reads:
(I posted in response to a comment by the admin, where he said dislike of undocumented aliens was merely a government ploy to distract the people from real problems. I posted several links to reputable sources illustrating the hypocrisy of the left (claiming racism while simultaneously supporting La Raza) and basically showing the admin that concern over illegal aliens was valid.

That didn't flush.

It's funny how the liberal -- the thoughtful, open-minded, and tolerant one -- boots people out when facts are posted contravening their brand of conventional wisdom. It takes a small, scared, weak mind to silence discussion rather than face the truth.)

(*) Classical Liberalism is defined as a doctrine stressing individual freedom and limited government. This includes the importance of human rationality, individual property rights, natural rights, the protection of civil liberties, constitutional limitations of government, free markets, and individual freedom from restraint.
They're narrow minded closet Commies what do you expect.