Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > pro-gun guys in Southwestern VA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default pro-gun guys in Southwestern VA

I'm looking to get involved in keeping our Commonwealth "gun friendly". I haven't been involved in politics before, but w Veterans losing benefits (including myself) and gun rights being threatened I believe in its time. I'm open to all suggestions as I have no clue where to start?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1701 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5173

I am from Wa state, but . .
Make sure you write all of your state reps, look for personal responses that reflect a pro-gun attitude. Hopefully you'll get a few. Ask them what you can do, how you can stay informed. *

NRA has the NRA-ILA* and can provide state contacts.

Join the NRA, and get some family member the associate membership.

* http://www.nraila.org/ is the place to start, even right now!

EDIT to add: The nra-ila page has a great app for mailing your reps. I use it often, gun related or not.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Make sure you write all of your state reps, look for personal responses that reflect a pro-gun attitude. Hopefully you'll get a few. Ask them what you can do, how you can stay informed. *

NRA has the NRA-ILA* and can provide state contacts.

Join the NRA, and get some family member the associate membership.

* http://www.nraila.org/ is the place to start, even right now!

EDIT to add: The nra-ila page has a great app for mailing your reps. I use it often, gun related or not.
Thx I can't sit quietly anymore, I fought for freedom overseas and I'm not about to lose mine here in America!!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Every state has some form of pro-gun advocacy group it could be through a shooting club or something else , find out what and where the one for your state is and join them as a real start they can help lead you from there.

Be vocal and write your Rep. and senator let them know where you stand and find out how they stand. If they are anti- vote to put them in the un-employment line. Make no bones about it either, go for the juggler vane.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1332 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 986

An old cliche but you'd be surprised how well it works in matters of politics: The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #6

Liked 1907 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post

Yeah, the looking for a personal response part can be pretty telling. I wrote both the WA senators regarding the veterans retirement COLA cuts, as a few of my friends did as well, on the same topic. One of us got a requested reply so far, from Senator Murray, thanking him for his concern and opinion on the issue of removing grey wolves from the endangered species list.

If your "Representatives" can't even send you the right, auto response for the actual issue you are concerned about, it's probably time to start getting loud about removing such useless flesh from office in the upcoming elections.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1345 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Yeah, the looking for a personal response part can be pretty telling. I wrote both the WA senators regarding the veterans retirement COLA cuts, as a few of my friends did as well, on the same topic. One of us got a requested reply so far, from Senator Murray, thanking him for his concern and opinion on the issue of removing grey wolves from the endangered species list.

If your "Representatives" can't even send you the right, auto response for the actual issue you are concerned about, it's probably time to start getting loud about removing such useless flesh from office in the upcoming elections.
The problem is you are dealing with a representative of your representative. I look at their voting record. If the representative is voting in my best interest I can overlook errors in reply letters.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #8

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The people of Virginia has elected the most anti-gun governor in the Nation. Ole Terry Mc ran on a gun control platform and is financed by the anti-gun Bloomberg group. Virginia has voted for a New York gun control agenda.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #9

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The people of Virginia has elected the most anti-gun governor in the Nation. Ole Terry Mc ran on a gun control platform and is financed by the anti-gun Bloomberg group. Virginia has voted for a New York gun control agenda.
But managed to elect 65 of 67 pro-rights delegates, far from a "NY gun control agenda"...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
opaww Likes This 
Old 01-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #10

Liked 175 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Join the Virginia Citizens Defense League. They will do a lot to preserve your rights in VA. The Arizona Citizens Defense League is a copy and they do a great job here to improve the state laws.

http://www.vcdl.org/