Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > pro-gun guys in Southwestern VA

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Crazvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 298
Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default pro-gun guys in Southwestern VA

I'm looking to get involved in keeping our Commonwealth "gun friendly". I haven't been involved in politics before, but w Veterans losing benefits (including myself) and gun rights being threatened I believe in its time. I'm open to all suggestions as I have no clue where to start?



__________________
Crazvet is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,414
Liked 1701 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5173

Default

I am from Wa state, but . .
Make sure you write all of your state reps, look for personal responses that reflect a pro-gun attitude. Hopefully you'll get a few. Ask them what you can do, how you can stay informed. *

NRA has the NRA-ILA* and can provide state contacts.

Join the NRA, and get some family member the associate membership.

* http://www.nraila.org/ is the place to start, even right now!

EDIT to add: The nra-ila page has a great app for mailing your reps. I use it often, gun related or not.



KG7IL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Crazvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 298
Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I am from Wa state, but . .
Make sure you write all of your state reps, look for personal responses that reflect a pro-gun attitude. Hopefully you'll get a few. Ask them what you can do, how you can stay informed. *

NRA has the NRA-ILA* and can provide state contacts.

Join the NRA, and get some family member the associate membership.

* http://www.nraila.org/ is the place to start, even right now!

EDIT to add: The nra-ila page has a great app for mailing your reps. I use it often, gun related or not.
Thx I can't sit quietly anymore, I fought for freedom overseas and I'm not about to lose mine here in America!!
__________________
Crazvet is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Every state has some form of pro-gun advocacy group it could be through a shooting club or something else , find out what and where the one for your state is and join them as a real start they can help lead you from there.

Be vocal and write your Rep. and senator let them know where you stand and find out how they stand. If they are anti- vote to put them in the un-employment line. Make no bones about it either, go for the juggler vane.

__________________
opaww is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,011
Liked 1332 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 986

Default

An old cliche but you'd be surprised how well it works in matters of politics: The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

__________________
Marines, Infantry
145th Airlift Wing, NCANG
NRA Life


Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,049
Liked 1907 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 404

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I am from Wa state, but . .
Make sure you write all of your state reps, look for personal responses that reflect a pro-gun attitude. Hopefully you'll get a few. Ask them what you can do, how you can stay informed. *

.
Yeah, the looking for a personal response part can be pretty telling. I wrote both the WA senators regarding the veterans retirement COLA cuts, as a few of my friends did as well, on the same topic. One of us got a requested reply so far, from Senator Murray, thanking him for his concern and opinion on the issue of removing grey wolves from the endangered species list.

If your "Representatives" can't even send you the right, auto response for the actual issue you are concerned about, it's probably time to start getting loud about removing such useless flesh from office in the upcoming elections.
__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,508
Liked 1345 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 453

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Yeah, the looking for a personal response part can be pretty telling. I wrote both the WA senators regarding the veterans retirement COLA cuts, as a few of my friends did as well, on the same topic. One of us got a requested reply so far, from Senator Murray, thanking him for his concern and opinion on the issue of removing grey wolves from the endangered species list.

If your "Representatives" can't even send you the right, auto response for the actual issue you are concerned about, it's probably time to start getting loud about removing such useless flesh from office in the upcoming elections.
The problem is you are dealing with a representative of your representative. I look at their voting record. If the representative is voting in my best interest I can overlook errors in reply letters.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

The people of Virginia has elected the most anti-gun governor in the Nation. Ole Terry Mc ran on a gun control platform and is financed by the anti-gun Bloomberg group. Virginia has voted for a New York gun control agenda.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The people of Virginia has elected the most anti-gun governor in the Nation. Ole Terry Mc ran on a gun control platform and is financed by the anti-gun Bloomberg group. Virginia has voted for a New York gun control agenda.
But managed to elect 65 of 67 pro-rights delegates, far from a "NY gun control agenda"...
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
opaww Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: tucson,arizona
Posts: 457
Liked 175 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Join the Virginia Citizens Defense League. They will do a lot to preserve your rights in VA. The Arizona Citizens Defense League is a copy and they do a great job here to improve the state laws.

http://www.vcdl.org/



__________________
JWagner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Illinois Taurus PT-25 for sale in Southwestern, IL bikerlbf406 Firearms for Sale 3 02-09-2014 10:49 PM
Guy, guys, guys! Piers Morgan gets smacked in the face with his own fecal matter. tCan Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 01-13-2013 03:34 AM