Pro-Gun Bill Fails in Utah
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Pro-Gun Bill Fails in Utah

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default Pro-Gun Bill Fails in Utah

The passage of a Bill in Utah that would have allowed Constitutional Carry in Utah has failed to pass. The Citizens of Utah have been denied the rights of a free state.
They are going to get instead the passage of the "Safe Harbor Law". This little Liberal Gem allows home owners or family etc. to remove weapons from their homes. These weapons can be removed and turned over to the police to protect the family from misuse of a weapon. That sounds like a California proposal.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 66
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

The Liberals have been breeding like rabbits, they are infecting every state, the problem is they still believe that our country is a Democracy, it is Not, Mob Mentality has taken the place of democracy. Voting to get rid of the Demociders does Not work either, as they do Not believe in the US Constitution.

__________________
Original is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
They are going to get instead the passage of the "Safe Harbor Law". This little Liberal Gem allows home owners or family etc. to remove weapons from their homes. These weapons can be removed and turned over to the police to protect the family from misuse of a weapon. That sounds like a California proposal.
Let me see if I have this right. If I own a gun any member of my family living under the same roof could remove it and give it to the police? Sounds like theft under Florida statute. I wonder how Utah is going to see it.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chloeshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,555
Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Utah, Colorado......what the heck is going on out west?

__________________
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 240
Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Utah, Colorado......what the heck is going on out west?
Good question. Looks like Obama's getting what he wants, state by state, anyway.
__________________
AVENGE ME!!

Last edited by RUG3R44; 02-27-2013 at 01:16 PM.
RUG3R44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I must say this one is scary Utah has been a pro gun state. There has been a growing movement however of anti gun power in that state. The dynamics of Utah politics are driven by forces in side the state that differ from other places.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The passage of a Bill in Utah that would have allowed Constitutional Carry in Utah has failed to pass. The Citizens of Utah have been denied the rights of a free state.
They are going to get instead the passage of the "Safe Harbor Law". This little Liberal Gem allows home owners or family etc. to remove weapons from their homes. These weapons can be removed and turned over to the police to protect the family from misuse of a weapon. That sounds like a California proposal.
Do You Have A Link ?
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JoshH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 158
Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Default

I'm pissed!! This cannot represent what the majority of Utah citizens would want! Where are all the gun owners who will stand up for their rights? I have been to every rally at the Capitol, in the cold and snow and the crowd keeps getting smaller. More people show up just to show off there AR or dress in full tactile gear than to be a part of the solution. My wife and I with our kids all dress nicely to try and show people gun owners are normal people. Then we get to stand next to John Rambo with a skeleton mask and full tac gear with four guns hanging off him. And we wonder why we are losing to scared old women and hand wringing liberals.

__________________
JoshH is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,308
Liked 5705 Times on 3225 Posts
Likes Given: 5128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
More people show up just to show off there AR or dress in full tactile gear than to be a part of the solution. My wife and I with our kids all dress nicely to try and show people gun owners are normal people. Then we get to stand next to John Rambo with a skeleton mask and full tac gear with four guns hanging off him. And we wonder why we are losing to scared old women and hand wringing liberals.

And therein lies the problem, my friend! The radical anti government (and everything else) nutjobs are doing more harm to the 2A than all of the anti-gunners!
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JoshH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 158
Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Default

I don't think they do MORE harm than Fineswine and Obummer but they don't help at all. It's just immature IMHO to show off what you have like your gonna start war. How about we start using our heads to vote these politicians out who want to disregard the constitution. Start writing letters, JOIN THE NRA!! Actually look into who your voting for before you vote. I know several friends who tried to convince me Ol Barry wouldn't try to take guns if re-elected, those same tools are silent now. All the $@!t TRUE conservatives have been warning about is happening one by one our rights are disappearing...SMH

__________________
JoshH is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Utah house passes constitutional carry bill JoshH Legal and Activism 10 02-22-2013 06:35 AM
The Ultimate Treadmill Fails Compilation Bigcountry02 The Club House 10 03-28-2012 04:27 AM
Luger still fails to feed sfguy Gunsmithing Forum 2 03-17-2010 03:44 PM
New Glock fails to shoot JorgeI Glock Forum 5 07-11-2009 09:06 PM