president candidates - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > president candidates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
The more I don't hear about Ron Paul the more I like him. Seems the media wants nothing to do with him so I'm liking him more and more. Too bad he doesn't have a chance to actually be elected though. Guess I'll be throwing my vote away again. I look at Ron Paul as a vote for None Of The Above.
CNN has been talking about him a good amount today. I think he may have received, at the least, similar coverage as Romney. His son Rand Paul has become quite the common sight on CNN as well which is very encouraging. Hopefully some day his son will carry his fathers legacy.

I believe that the MSM is essentially conceding defeat in Iowa because he appears to be a serious threat, unlike in the past, and they would end up looking foolish if he does win there while they harp on how he wont win there. Besides, in their minds eye, he cant win in Florida or SC.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

If you liked Obama's apology tour and the blame America first crowd, then you'll love Ron Paul.

We start caucusing in less than 3 weeks. Here's my list at this point.

1. Santorum
2. Bachmann
3. Perry
4. Romney
5. Paul
6. Gingrich
366,457,386. Obama

Still continuing to research. Those top six could change order before January 3rd. The last one, I'm sure will not change position. Well that's not quite true. There will probably be a few more babies born between now and then. That will push him further down the list.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #13

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
If you liked Obama's apology tour and the blame America first crowd, then you'll love Ron Paul.

We start caucusing in less than 3 weeks. Here's my list at this point.

1. Santorum
2. Bachmann
3. Perry
4. Romney
5. Paul
6. Gingrich
366,457,386. Obama

Still continuing to research. Those top six could change order before January 3rd. The last one, I'm sure will not change position. Well that's not quite true. There will probably be a few more babies born between now and then. That will push him further down the list.

And the only presidential candidate that would stand at the muzzle end of a gun for your right to feel that way just happens to be Dr. Paul. How unfortunate.

"Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms."
Ron Paul

"The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people."
Ron Paul

And finally my favorite...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
― Ron Paul

I think that the American public has a lot to be sorry for and I think our foreign policy is one of them. Of course that's just my opinion. 7,631 American lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, and according to the Center for Defense Information, the estimated cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will reach $1.29 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2011.

What have we won?

Less respect from other nations of the world and a economic crisis the likes of which we will be lucky to endure intact. We also won one other thing which may be even more important than the above. Through our actions, we have, as Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Left wing or right wing, they are of the same bird. Ron Paul however is a whole other critter entirely. I guess you could say hes the other white meat .

---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #14

Santorum or Bachman are closest to the constitution by far not Paul because of his foreign policy of isolationism.one of things fed is suppose to do provide safety for us sometimes that means striking first.this idea of hiding within our boarders and everyone will like us is ignorant.peace comes through superior firepower-ccw laws prove that-we will have just as many wars under Paul only difference is they will strike first and will be here

Old 12-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #15

Not to mention the Iranians now have our spy plane, including the classified stealth material therein. They're just going to give it to the russians, and probably the chinese, too. What did Obama do? Not a damned thing. What will the republicans do when they get in office? Well, it will be too late then. It's a bad situation.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #16

Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic View Post
Not to mention the Iranians now have our spy plane, including the classified stealth material therein. They're just going to give it to the russians, and probably the chinese, too. What did Obama do? Not a damned thing. What will the republicans do when they get in office? Well, it will be too late then. It's a bad situation.
Ron Paul never said that he would not address Iran if they became a threat. He just does not want us involved in any more wars overseas if he can avoid it. If we wanted to we could take out Iran with one nuclear missle or Isreal could do it for us. As far as the classified stealth material is concerned Russia and the Chinese probably already have their own stealth technology. The Mexican gangs and cartels are causing more damage to this country than the terrorist ever thought of doing we need our soldiers here at home on the southern border and working as ins agents.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #17

Ron Paul would make a better govenor than president

Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #18

Newt Gingrich=republican with bad reputation that younger crowd will not vote for. Obama wins.
Mitt Romney=flip flopper and passed health care law. True conservatives will not vote for. Obama wins
Ron Paul believes in the constitution,supports state rights,not a flip flopper,good family values never cheated on wife as far as we know,educated doctor that has actually worked for a living. In other words highly electable if republican party will get behind him. Ask yourselves people why are Shawn hannity ,mark levin,rush limbaugh and fox news attacking this candidate the way they are. I've been paying attention to pollitics for twenty plus years and have never seen a GOP candidate attacked and ignored by his own party this way. This man scares the he'll out of the good ole boys because he is serious about the spending cuts.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #19

No matter who wins (if they do) they'll take the blame for all problems since they're republican. I've never seen the government run out of money before, but since Obama's been president, it's happened like 5 times? No blame on him, though. Put a republican in there, he'll take the blame. Plus Obama's cutting the Navy down to the smallest it's been since 1914. Wow. How are the republicans supposed to build it back up when we're hurting for money so bad? Nobody asks these kinds of questions, either.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic View Post
No matter who wins (if they do) they'll take the blame for all problems since they're republican. I've never seen the government run out of money before, but since Obama's been president, it's happened like 5 times? No blame on him, though. Put a republican in there, he'll take the blame. Plus Obama's cutting the Navy down to the smallest it's been since 1914. Wow. How are the republicans supposed to build it back up when we're hurting for money so bad? Nobody asks these kinds of questions, either.
We are going to keep hurting for money until the crazy spending stops. Individual households,local and state governments have had to cut spending why can't the fed govt cut spending? Do we need the dept of education,dept of agriculture, and the dept of energy. Why has federal spending gone up 26 percent since Obama took office? my brother works and lives in Washington DC and last year when I visited him I noticed that the housing and job market is doing really well there. I would like to see the federal government go broke and see government employees go get real jobs and see wha the rest of america is going through!